Ant problems

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by Mr. Foster, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I jus noticed we are haveing a ant problem in our flower gardens. Our vegtable garden is not to far away. Could anyone suggest how to get rid of them? We trid some seven on one set of plants and it made it worse. Thanks guys :crazy:.

2. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    my wife uses a home and garden spray i think raid makes it i noticed lowes home improvement has all kind of bug control stuff but i never really checked into it all that good maybe something there that might help

3. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I have heard that the plain instant grits sprinkled around will solve the ant problem. It is said the the ants will take them to the den where the Queen is. The ants eat the grits, and then explode due to the swelling of the grits..

4. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If you use any type of liquid soap and put in a hose sprayer and spray the problem spot the ants will be killed. The soap coats them and they suffocate almost immediately. You may have to spray several times but it is environmentally friendly.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I use amdro if it isnt in my veggie garden,the one I had in my veggie garden moved out ,Guess the got tired of the morning monsoon I was providing them with:wink:

6. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks guys for the tips.

7. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

plain old salt....make a line around garden...and pour a little more on hills if you find any