The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No problem with bait in the morning had enough in 45 min.Went down to the tukey island cut and picked up a 30lb fish.Then went down the channel around the island and got a couple of small fish wind was picking up.Went to the high bank by the pumping station and my daughter did it again and got a nice 48lb fish.The wind got worse and we got off the river.Deep Bottom again tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Wind was a bear today but it was nice outside. I am glad to hear you caught a couple of nice ones. I won't be able to fish tomorrow or Wednesday. I have to do a short trip out of town.

My brother and I put the whale tail on the Mercury and took her for a test run on the upper James. You were 100% right. It keeps the front down and gets her on plane faster. Good luck tomorrow. Wishing I was fishing.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Congrats Jerry...don't sound like a bad day at all considering the wind.

Thanks for the report....

Jerry

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Thanks for the report Jerry, congratulations to your daughter on the HAWG! That made the windy trip worth while I'll bet:cool2:.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Good job JW!

So far so good on your trip. Good luck the rest of the week.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Jerry ,,Go HOME,, You came down and the wind started blowing,, Go HOME,,,
,,, Just Kiding Jerry welcome back,,, where the wind blows 5 days a week in the winter and always on the weekends

1 - 9 of 9 Posts