Another weekend disaster

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, May 29, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well I dont have anything good to report from Mellon's and flathunters fishing for the weekend..I know, sounds like a broken record..Friday I drove to his house and we fished a bad spot on the grest miami river for 9hrs, I caught one 5-lb flathead..Today, Mellon drove to my house and we were going to put my boat in on the scioto river, put it was way to high..Mellon had the great idea to then go to a local spillway, BAD IDEA!..It was totally packed with people and a very bad time...Below is a couple of pics of Mellon, the third is from friday with Bryan standing outside of my truck with the cat wagon loaded down. The 2nd pic is of mellon at a local spillway, and the 1st is mellon shining his flashlite on the water as usual:crazy:

Attached Files:

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Sounds like my night fishing, Jack. Leave H2O at home, you'll have just as much luck. LOL.

I took Riley with me and headed out to the lake about dark. He loved it and will make a great camping dog. Built me a tiny fire and enjoyed the evening. The bullfrogs were singing and some other frogs that sounded like a jew's harp. Not sure what they were but they had a chorus in the nature song tonight. Heard a whip-o-will and it made my evening, so not even getting a bite didn't really bother me. I enjoyed nature's gifts and tried to relax for a few hours. Had a nice female dog visit me and named her Cindy, Cindy. She even hopped in the back of the Rav until I told her to get down because Riley was yapping at her so much. I told her I would take her home with me, but she must have lived near by, because after about an hour, she left me and was no where to be seen.

Enjoyed the night.
    Take care.
    Cheryl

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I think what you heard that sounded like a jews harp was tree frogs called Poison Arrow frogs. I had a musician friend come down from DC and stayed at my house on the river a couple years ago. The next day he was all upset because the frogs kept him up all night. It was mating season and I have a big Bull frog living in the old spring box next to the house. He's been in there for ten years.

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Thanks for the info! I love the songs of nature. Just wish I had a soulmate to share them with for the remainder of my life.

Take care

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Funny, Funny, Funny guy. Brothers & Sisters, Jack ahd almsot two hours to make up this story. I sware as all you fine BOC brothers & sisters as my witness it was JACKS IDEA to go to the STINKIN SPILLWAY! I hate the place. I have never caught the 1st fish (legally) from there & to top it off neither has Jack! (at least not when we've been there together.) I have pics that will hopefully prove my position. See Attached

If you notice in the pic, our good ole pal Flathunter is hiding becasue he is so embarrased that he picked out such a HORRIBLE spot. I think you cna tell just how mnay people were there in this picture. (& That wasnt even the most crowded time!)

Flathead fishign w/ Flathunter used to be so much fun, but now I've ended up at this stinking spillway I think 3 times since January, which is about 3 time more than I need. Folks we might as well just have went to a Pay Pond versus this place. I am so disaccpointed in my pal. Here I drive 2 hours to come fish with him, on one of the states best known Flathead rivers but he ends up dreagging me to Paint Creek Spillway. What a shame. :angry_2:

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    the honey mooners all over again "Hey Ralph you mind if I smoke:I dont care if you burn"

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Hey that's a good one! Trying to do both at the moment. Take care

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    It sounds like a Laurel and Hardy show to me, LOL!!! If you could have gotten Dinkbuster in there, we could have called you the Three Stooges, LOL!!!

Quit Whining Mellonhead, at least when Jack takes you fishing, it aint one of those........ Well you know what I am talkin about, LOL!!1

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I swear, y'all ain't right, but I guess that's why I hang around, I ain't either. LOL:crazy:

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Its more like the normal brothers, ABB and SUB! LOL!

11. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I think it could have been worse. You could have been ticketed for parking in a "No Parking at Any Time" place. See picture #2. You may not be but it looks a little 'fishy'.

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The truck was parked legaly, but the "cat wagon" is in the no parking zone. Luckily not many people saw us, it's kind of embarrasing hauling a wagon full of fishing tackle! :confused2:

13. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Ya kinda makes you look like an overgrown kid, like "Baby Hughy", LOL!!!
    I bet you made Jack pull it after you got in, LMAO!!!

14. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    On Saturday night, Jack and Bryan did the early shift at one of our "decent" holes from about 3"30 PM till 11:00 pm when me and Dinkbuster showed up to take over for the night shift. Turns out I was supposed to get there about 7:30 and worked my house chores down and managed to get there late in the meantime, I got a message saying, "Bring big bucket of fried chicken and a Diet Coke for Jack" but by the time i got there they had plans to leave since the heat durring the day sucked all the energy out of them. Anyways about 12:30 I picked up this nice Flattie ( 15 lbs even and my personal best to date) and my first this year from the very forked stick the guys were fishing earlier :roll_eyes:
    also wanted to thank Dinkbuster as he calmly reminded me durring the bite that I was using circles ( live gill) and to not set the hook as well as hand land the fish for me without a net in some rather slippery conditions:eek:oooh:
    ( Ok I tried to upload as a .bmp and it wont work?? Help Please)
    then I left about 3:00 am and Dinkbuster stayed until about 7:00 am and got another about 15 lbs and a smaller one around 5 lbs I think he said.

Fished last night with Dink and his buddy Mike on the GMR in another hole from 8-3:00 am and between the 3 of us, only managed 3 hooked, 2 landed fish, a 2 lb flattie and a 3 lb channel, I lt another small channel as well so the bite has turned sour this weekend. Per haps next weekend the bite will turn back on again.
    Jack, we need to hook up again for the weekend bite, you name the time and place, we will be there!!

Salmonid

15. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mark you have to change the pic to jpeg, if you cant do it send it to me I will.

16. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Ok, Here is the picture of my 15 lber, doesnt hold up much to Bigones fish but caught within a couple of miles of where he has been getting his. Mine must have strayed too far from home:roll_eyes:

Salmonid

( Doh, just edited and it told me its now too big, Jack, its on its way for resizing)

17. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    heres Marks flathead, nice fish!

Attached Files:

18. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Boats only. No more of this BS fishing. If I can restore my energy & determation, we'll catch fish, but the BS fishing we've been doing has to go. Get the boats out, put the miles on & hit the spots. It's time to get back to the Hardcore Flathead tatics.

19. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree brother MELLON, BOATS ONLY!

20. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Plus we have the whole month of June to catch fish, should make it out at least twice:sad2: