Another video of me playing drums.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmaster Jr., Mar 13, 2007.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Did another one this afternoon, a little better I guess. I'm playing with my band for the first time this Friday at my Dad's coffeehouse and there's a live webcast you can watch if you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M44NvRPPDc

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Pretty cool man, i like the double bass action

3. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Awesome, Zakk! Cory and I just listened to this one together and then I'll show him the first one you did when he's done eatin supper.
    I'd say you've got a hugely impressed 5th grade fan over here :lol:
    He was just explainin to me about how you don't always have to hit the drums really fast with the stick, just have to let it bounce just right.
    Ahhh... I have alot to learn :big_smile:

Thanks!!

4. Dixie_chick3189

Dixie_chick3189 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    well thats pretty cool that you play the drums i'd like to learn how to play. thats one thing i think i'd like to do b4 i die

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Poetry to my ears Zak, pure poetry! I used to play drums too,but gave it up for chasing girls. Big mistake,but then I think you are just a little bit brighter than that. lol keep it up buddy.

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Nice! I wish you lived closer. We just lost our drummer and are doing auditions for a new one. If you know any in the Roanoke area, send them my way!

7. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Sounded good buddy...keep it up

8. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i like that JR. you play with a band yet?

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks man, I just started the double pedal really, practiced on it a lot, now I can go pretty fast but need to build my leg muscles up as far as endurance.

:big_smile: Thanks, your son is certainly right about letting your sticks bounce, sounds like he has a good teacher and is picking up on it fast. I hope he keeps with it, keep me updated on how he progresses and stuff.

Thanks Jack...I will certainly stick with it, the only thing I would give drums up for is Fishing, no matter what fishing is and always will be my number one thing.

Wow, I wish I lived closer to, would be fun. I don't know anyone in your area, but I wish you luck in finding a new drummer!

Thanks buddy.

Thanks Phil, I just started playing with a band, we are playing for the first time this Friday night, and I practiced with them tonight. They are called Rusted Nails and are an old style rock band, you can listen to the music at www.myspace.com/rustednailsband but on those recordings it's not me on drums.

I'm starting lessons next Tuesday and will post another video once I make progress/learn some new stuff from my teacher.

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Wow Zakk! I am so impressed by your drumming! I find it very refreshing to see a young man like you playing great rock n roll instead of that rappin stuff these young kids are into these days! Keep up the great work and thanks for posting the video, I enjoyed watching!:cool2: You may be the next John Bonham!:smile2:

11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks Scott! And don't worry about me ever getting into Rap, because that stuff just totally sucks! I mean I wouldn't have anything against it I guess if it weren't for the fact that it's all about 'Gangsters', Killing people, drugs, and a bunch of other bad things.

Rock is good music and for the most part is not bad at all as far as the meaning of the songs.

12. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    ur pretty good bro.. keep it up!