Another update on Mrs.Cook

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by cook, Feb 14, 2006.

1. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    They were able to remove the breathing tube.Thank God,every day some one is on it makes it that much harder to get off of it.Now shee is on a high pressure airway.
    Seems like the heart is not in too bad of shape.Main problem is renal failure.Transplants have been discussed.She needed tranfusions yesterday due to anemia.
    Just by chance they were having a blood drive in the lobby,so I donated.I know they have pins and such for donating gallons,etc...
    But I move and travel a lot.Can't keep track of how many different organazations and how many states I've given in.I do it because it makes me feel good about myself,a little something I can do without giving away money.

Got to sleep in my own bed for the first time in 5 days last night.Didn't help much.

please keep the prayers coming,without the treacheal tube I can now communicate with her and will read all your thoughts to her this morning.

Jon Nay

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    More prayers from my family to yours

3. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Jon

Mrs Cook and yourself are in our prayers. Glad to hear about the improvements.

4. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Jon, she (and you) are in my thoughts, and will continue to be.

5. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Tell her that there are a lot of folks pulling for her and you.
    Prayers for both of you...W

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    More prayers from Oklahoma for you both!

7. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    Once again if there is anything we can do you just let us know hoss. Keep that stiff upper lip.

8. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Prayers are still going up here for you both.

9. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Bless her heart buddy, we can only imagine what you both are going through. Judy and I will continue to pray for both of you. We are happy and thankful for the improvements that she is making. Please keep us updated.

10. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Cook, since this is Valentines day, maybe you could give her a little hug and a kiss, from all of us here at the BOC.:wub:

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Still keeping y'all in thought and prayer

12. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Jon,

You both remain high at the top of my prayer list, my friends.

Mike

13. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    Cook,

You and your wife are in our thoughts and prayers each day.Candy and I are pulling out all the stops for you both.Hoping improvement continues.

BILL

14. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Hope this is the beginning of a great recovery. God bless and protect you both.

15. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Thanks for keeping us updated Cook. She is high on my prayer list Brother.
    Glad to hear that ya donate blood so often. More Brothers and Sisters should do this. You never know when it might be our turn to need blood.
    It's great that she is off the tube, hope things keep going positive for y'all.

16. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Cook, Glad to hear she's doing better.
    I know how ya feel. When my Tammy is bad off, I'd gladly trade places with her.
    We'll keep the fires burning for her, and you bro!

17. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Thoughts and prayers from Pam and I.

Ray

18. cook

cook New Member

State:
    WOW,guess things caught up to me.Had to work for a while yesterday(valentines day and all-work at a country club)Got there about 11 and got an update from the nurses.She is slowly getting better,lowered her 02 some to see how see would tolerate it.Next thing I know,it was 5 a.m. and I was still asleep sitting up in a chair without even taking off my tie or shoes.Stiff neck.Had to rush home(40 mile drive) to pick up my grandson.Daughter leaves for work at 6 am.
    Made it just in time.

Funny side note
    I own 4 suits to my name-been wearing them to the hospital-makes me feel better and to look good for the wife.
    2 of the suits still had brochures in them from the last time I wore them to funerals.1 had a set of matches from a hotel at a wedding I attended.The last suit just had lint :)

19. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Forgot to add-found out how they teach the candystripers the difference between a rectal and oral thermometer-by the taste!!:crying: :crying:

20. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Thanks for the update, keep us posted and we will keep you both in our prayers.