Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Another Tarheel..

480 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  gtsum2
Hey guys.. I posted an intro in the introduction thread but thought I'd post on here to the local gang.
I'm in Rockwell and just now gettin back to fishin again. Been scopin out the places I can get to by land while I'm outfitting the new-to-me old boat.
Anyhow, just figgered I'd give a local shout..
Mebbe I'll see some of ya around sometime.. :cool:
Reactions: 5
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Welcome! If you fish Tuckertown or High Rock, might see you around.
Got the boat ready and I've been dinkin' around the top of Tuckertown from the Flat Creek ramp..
Was out there yesterday evening. Still tryin to figure my way around and haven't had much luck yet.
But havin a grande time none-the-less.. :)

Welcome! If you fish Tuckertown or High Rock, might see you around.
Missed your post in the intro thread but welcome to the USCA, I think you will like it here. Be sure to keep us updated with pictures if possible.
Will do.. Last week's first actual fishing trip out with the rig produced 1ea baby Flathead.
Got the skunk out and 'least it was a Flathead. Let'im go..
Kinda staggerin' around with an old B&W Lowrance FF that came on the boat and Navionics on the phone till I can up my game on the FF/Chartplotter.
It's amazing how much I've disremembered about boats and fishing in the 6 or 7 years I've been away.. :LOL:

Water Boat Vertebrate Watercraft Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies
See less See more
Welcome to the board, Hawgbonz, from OkC!!
Reactions: 4
The flats right in of Flat Creek Landing used to be good early in the morning and late in the evening. Just idle and be careful very stumpy . Use cut and live bream or live gold fish and catch you a biggen .
Went yesterday evening for a coupla hours and upped my game a bit. :LOL:
Two Crappie, a stump and one lil Blue(?) cat. :rolleyes::sneaky:
But hey, it's improvement and hard ta complain about an evening in such settings.. :cool:

Water Fisherman Fish Recreational fishing Fishing
Water Vertebrate Boat Lake Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Water Sky Cloud Tree Lake
See less See more
A thing of beauty! :)
Reactions: 3
Welcome! Looks like you are picking right up where you left off! I got back into fishing a couple of years ago and I was amazed at the difference in Electronics! Game changing from the old flasher days or rudimentary graphs of 10 years ago. Tight lines!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts