Another solar balloon return

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catman529, Dec 27, 2006.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thought I would say another one of my solar balloons got a reply. I let 2 go today and one of them was found approx. 40 mi. northeast-east of launch site around 4:30 pm. soon I will let a larger one go, hoping it may go a lot farther.

found_12272006.jpg

2. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    anyone ever think that your solar balloons were a UFO yet? lol
    see if you can get one over to PA lol thatd be awesome maybe a world record or something?

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thats cool jon , iv found a few birthday balloons before when hunting but never any tagged

4. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Cool! I remember releasing baloons when I was little during vacation bible school. My cousin had one travel from St. Louis and land in Indiana.

5. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You got it there, I was thinking of making a huge saucer-shaped balloon with a velcro mouth (so air can't escape) and I would let it go.

as far as world record I think the farthest was near-space and went around the north (or south cant remember) pole at least 2 or 3 times.

6. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    that is really neat keep us updated it is interesting to see how far they will go.

7. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California

8. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Ray:
    That's an excellent point and one most people (myself included) haven't considered. Especially since most baloons are not retrieved.