Another SoCal Gathering?

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by crazychuy, May 12, 2006.

1. crazychuy

crazychuy New Member

State:
    Southern California
    I don't know if any of you guys remember but last year "Bluehunter" and other fellow BOC brothers through together a really great gathering that we had last year at Irvine lake. The first gathering. I don't know how the second gathering at Irvine Lake went because I had to leave the state on business.

I was wondering if we could do that again this year. I know we already had a gathering down in Blythe thanks to fellow BOC brother "RIVERBUD". Nice job. And I hope that there will be a second river gathering, but in the mean time how about a SoCal Lake Gathering?

What do you guys think? I might even be willing to looking into some trophies and T-shirts for everybody. We can have ourselves a little cooking, fishing, BSing, you know "Fishing".

CHUY (pronounced "CHEWIE")

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I am looking at having another one at Irvine for the fall around the 3rd weekend of September like last time. We are also looking at another river gather again maybe the end of Aug or or beginning of Sep depending on what we can work out.

The Irvine one was indeed fun for both of them. The second Irvine deal a 75 pound blue was landed by muskyman.

The Irvine gathering will only be one day on a Saturday from noon to closing like around 130am. The noon activities will be for a potluck, socializing, and drinking of course. And then around 3pm we can hit the water. All I have to do is let them know about my intent and they can set up an area for us like last time.

The River gathering will be for a weekend of course ending Sunday afternoon or evening.

We will begin gathering interests soon.

3. crazychuy

crazychuy New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Sounds good Blue,

Just let me know what's going on. I just wanted to start a thread on this cause I hear alot of talk between you and Riverbud and just wanted to get the input of some of the other Brothers.

I'm thinking of making up some T-shirts for this years gathering, either the River or Irvine gathering. Depending on how many of us want to go. I think I can get some good pricing on some plaques from a company that does busines with my company for our tournament.

CHUY

4. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Sounds good will keep you posted.

5. crazychuy

crazychuy New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Hey Blue,

Let me know what's going on.

CHUY

6. ironbelle

ironbelle New Member

State:
    San Diego, CA
    Sounds great. I'd have to drive up early in the morning from San Diego, but it would be nice to get some pointers on catfish fishing. Never been to Irvine Lake, but I know it takes a twenty dollar bill just to get through the gate. Maybe some of the females will come out so that I am not the only estrogene out there.

Renay

7. curtis

curtis New Member

State:
    california
    i am a so cal fisherman and would injoy going to irvine lake for a boc gathering. i live in san diego and really have no luck in the lakes close to here. but everytime i go north or east i land big uns. that would be cool to go to lake irvine because i read in the latest issue of so cal game and fish that it is the top lake to go to in so cal for big cats. well hopefully you guys will keep me posted.:cool2:

8. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Keep me posted too! I am chompin at the bit to catch something over twenty pounds and It be pure bliss to catch a forty pounder! I am sure Bert will be down for it as well!