Another Slow One At Patagonia

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fishchick, May 15, 2008.

1. fishchick

fishchick New Member

State:
    Arizona
    We had another slow night at Patagonia. We caught and released three small channels, but that was it. Tried several different baits but nothing seemed to be working. There were a lot of boats out for a Wednesday night, and no one we encountered had any great luck.
    The wind was actually quite light compared to what it‘s been for the few weeks, so that made for a pleasant evening. We are going to try and get back next week. The bite has to start sooner or later!

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats on your catches glad you caught some, yea seems like the fishing has been slow alot here lately at several places and I know that the wind and weather has alot to do with it hopefully it wont be so windy, and the fish will start biting good again

3. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    We definitely need more reports like this as to give us the "big picture". Its one thing if your presentation or bait is wrong, but if the fish arent there or they arent biting, all the technique in the world isnt going to help.

4. fishchick

fishchick New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I totally agree, and I’m glad I found this forum. Maybe we can keep each other more informed. The game and fish reports are nowhere near what the conditions really are, and I don‘t know where they get their feedback from.
    We have had some truly awesome catfishing at Patagonia, so I know when it’s slow going. If you can’t buy a hit in several different areas with chicken livers, shrimp, or worms, they are not biting.
    We spoke with a bass fisherman just leaving the lake as we arrived on Wednesday, and he had been out most of the day and never caught a single fish. I took that as a bad omen, and it was. We still had a great time though, so not complaining.