Another slow night on the Hocking river

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by flathunter, Jul 9, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Met up with HRCats to fish the hocking tonight.

We went to whites mill first, very nice looking hole, but way to many people fishing, and more coming in as we looked it over.

Roger took me to another one of his top secrete flathead holes, and we managed one 12 inch channel between us in 4hrs of fishing:sad2:

Fishing sure is slow right now.

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    wow,is that the top secret,don't want anyone else fishing spot that has really been producing for you two?????:big_smile::big_smile:

3. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    should have come on down i was there i was up toward the dam i was there from about 530 -100 am had bites but no fish those people didnt stay long seen some nice saugeye caught tho

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    So secrete the flatheads dont even know it's there.

5. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    LOL:big_smile:

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Why do you guys continue to fish a river devoid of Flatheads?

Come up to Dresden, We got more than we can handle. LOL

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It was not my idea, I wanted to fish the scioto, but my buddy wanted to fish his creek:big_smile:

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:

lol thats an awfully good spot then,lol

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    There are fish to be caught guys but I am into the moon phases an it was pretty much still full last night. I know some have had great success in the full moon but I haven't so till saturday I'll sit it out then start back up again. Glad to hear you all got out last night tho.

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    moon phases,blahhhhhh lol

i usually don't do no good when the moon is out.but i still go just to get away from everything.

and if i am really feeling adventurous,i like to go to rocky fork and watch the skunks walk around me,eating the left over bait off the ground and making people not used to them run off in the distance screaming like little girls.....

11. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack can say what he wants but he knows the spot we fished last night was one that i absolutely don't like. He wanted to fish there because the grass was all nicely mowed and we could back his truck up to the "stream". A really nice place to go if you have chidren and want to take them but if you're looking for cats you need to go elsewhere.

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Roger, had a better spot in mind...But I would have had to park on a steep cliff with two tires hanging over....But I agree we knew the spot we fished was not good.

13. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    we went over the hocking on our way to salt fork last night.i would be upset with roger too.you get him to the good spots and he gives you a river to fish that if you fell toward it,you would fall on the other side or at least hit your head on the opposite side.now i see why roger caught that dink 2 lber out of there,, :eek:oooh::wink::wink:

i guess he at least has caught a flat this year,i haven't even come close to having a good run yet.i think i need to just stick to channels so i won't be disappointed :crazy:

14. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Guys as soon as the wife gets back i'm gonna start a thread w/pics to show you the dinks that this "stream" "devoid of flatheads" produces. Then i believe everyone will understand why i like this stream. Will be on by tonight!:wink:

15. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    i was just pokin fun.i have seen the pics that slim has posted,and the dink you caught out of there,lol

i know up north it gets some more size to it,i just thought that place in the river and jacks story might go hand in hande :eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

16. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    yah, i'd say that would appeal to someone with a bad back! it sucks you did'nt do that good though.would be nice to find jack a spot like that that held flats!!