Another slow day in paradise

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Put in at Blue's at about 6am this morning. Due to very low water, it took me over an hour to navigate down to my "honey hole" starting spot. Found fish, dropped in and promptly caught a 10# blue. After that I started working my way back up river. Continued to find fish on the sonar, but couldn't beg, steal, or borrow another bite. Fished until about noon and drug up and came home. You folks be extra careful out there on the BIG Pee Dee while it is so low. You can really tear up some equipment if you fail to navigate correctly. That being said, now is a great time to hang out at the river to learn where all the rock bars, sand bars, and channels are. I pulled out a HEAP of limb lines. Several had railroad spikes for weights. Found several of my rigs I had broken off when the water was higher and those Gamakatsu hooks looked as good as new!
    Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the report.

I'm getting pretty worried about this drought. We haven't had a good winter flood in a couple of years. It's only June and many of our rivers are just about dry. The Edisto is down to a trickle!

Without a good "back door" hurricane (one of those that comes up through the gulf before turning our way) to dump a bunch of rain, we could run dry by this fall.

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Thanks for the report.

4. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    thanks for the report bill! i am thinking about going this weekend!