another skunk at anderson ferry

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by upncomincatfishking, Oct 4, 2009.

1. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    once again me and my buddies went to anderson ferry and once again got skunked. i wanted to go on the GMR(my fav. hands down). but they wanted to try it out so i said screw it we'll try it. so we got there right after dark. had liver, dead shad and live 4-5 inch goldies. so we set out all the way to the right of the ferry ramp. back thru the trail at the first spot right next to the barge and we set and set and set. should of brought more recreational activities cause the fishin was nonexistant, no bites -nothing. it was trully a depressing night.

2. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    Sorry to hear about you're luck,I've had many time's like that my self:embarassed: With this weather we've been having in Ohio, It's screwed up the fishing at a time that the fall fishing is good

3. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Sorry to hear that but look at the bright side, with fishin results like this we can appreciate ol sow-belly a little better... :wink:

4. Scott C.

Scott C. Member

State:
    NKY
    Thanks for the report. I'm guessing you were fishing from the bank. I can't tell exactly from your post which side of the river you were on but you might get a bite or two from the KY side if you fish just left of the ramp (assume you are facing the river) and heave it out there a bit...:wink:

The shallow water to the right of the ramp should produce a channel or stripe (or two)...as well.

5. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I fish down there every now and then and have caught a few fish but nothing special.It can get pretty wild down there sometimes on the weekend nights during the summer months.

6. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    im surprised u got skunked up there...back when i used to work for the company that moves all of those barges, we used to tear them up right there at andersons ferry by the barges