Another skipjack post.

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by FREESPOOL, Aug 21, 2008.

1. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Hello... Sorry to bother you all with another skippy thread. Hope you'll bare with me for moment. But I've only been skipjack fishing once. I went down to the Uncle Sci Fi reunion at Kentucky Dam in January to catch some skipjack. (not to mention the awesome BS and meeting of the good BOC brotherens) :big_smile:
    Well, the skippies weren't biting to well at Kentucky Dam. So a bunch of us made the trip over to Cumberland City's steam plant, in Tennessee. We tore them up there. We caught at least one nice skipjack with every cast for the most part.
    Anyways, my skipjack supply is running low. I'd like to make a trip down South to catch some more bait. Not to mention, I'm sure my kids and wife would have a blast catching them. And I would benefit from it by stocking my freezer with bait again!!! AND, it would be a nice getaway for us all.
    Are the skipjack running good at Kentucky Dam? If not, do you have any suggestions on where to go?

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I will need a resupply soon myself. Good luck brother

3. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Don't waste your time coming to Watts Bar,Chickamauga,Nickajack or Guntersville. For some reason we don't have any skipjack here this year.:sad2:

4. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    don't know anything about KY Dam but at next dam upriver (Pickwick) it has been tough during summer months. I went back in July trying and came home with zero although I was able to catch a few a couple of weeks ago but know someone who went yesterday and got skunked as well. April/May is a good time to have a "sure" shot at getting the family one some at least at Pickwick and I would suspect KY Dam as well if you can wait that long or hit the steam plants again this winter.

5. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Free spool when did you guys go to cumberland city? I was thinking about making a trip up there and haven't heard anything about the skips there in a while.

6. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Ok where is fish is right bside the steam plant, cumberland city, and the skippies i have caught have all come from the creeks... i caught 8-10 last weekend asnt fishing for em lol . but they are in the creeks i imagine where you are it's the same find running creek off river you find skipies in summer. Hope this helps.

7. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    well I will give that a try this week. Thanks

8. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    It was January when we went to Cumberland City.

Thanks for the info guys.