Another Season Behind Us ... Fur Sold ...

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by RetiredToFish, Mar 14, 2009.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Well I wrapped up another season today by selling the remainder of the fur I had left at the Ohio State Trappers Association Auction. I had held back all of my muskrats, because experience told me they would bring more than the $2.75 some local buyers wanted to pay. The bulk of my rats sold for $4.45 each with the bottom end kits selling for $1.10 .... Sold 5 mink today, 4 went for $13.50 and 1 for $10.00 (a large female). Sold a couple of green medium beaver for $7.25 each and a green red fox for $12.50.

I will rest for a couple of weeks then get traps and equipment stored away for next year. I have few repairs to be made so will take of that sort of thing so they will be ready to go. We have the National Trappers Association's National Convention in Ohio this year .... so will attending that and hoping to find a few more goodies that I probably don't really need.

Take care and have a wonderful Spring and Summer and catch a whole boatload of catfish ...... Garry-:cool2:

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i see that furs did not bring very good up north either. i did not trap any coons this year as i did not see it was worthwhile. i did catch 3 that i am tanning for myself and that was it. when i was a kid i used to make all my spending money catching coons. they brought around 15-25 and now they bring $2.

3. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Glad you enjoyed the outdoors, something special about it.
    Jim

4. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio

When I was kid we got $3.75 for a coon ... LOL! ......... :wink: Garry-