Another River trip @ Bartlet

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by AZflats, Aug 15, 2007.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Now, I have never been a big fan of fishing the river as I have always done better in the main lake area. But last weekend, my bud and I went up river to try our luck. We probably had some where between 15 and 20 bites/runs... Most of the fish were small because they would just rip the line off when they bite. All and all we got 6 fish, I got two and my bud got 4. The biggest was about 14 lbs...

* It was hot and muggy all day and all night. With no moon out, every bug was waiting for my headlight to turn on.. When I had my light on, I was swarmed by large Dobson flies.

* I'm not sure if you folks know what a Dobson fly is, (Adult Hellgrammite) but they are freaking scary looking. Needless to say, I did not sleep very well.

* I heard Hellgrammites were good bait, I tried using them on 1 rig, but no bites on that.. I did the best on small blue gills.

* Here are some pictures from the trip and of the Hellish looking Dobson fly.
    ENJOY~
    ~A

Attached Files:

2. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Good job again Andy. Looks like fun. Thanks for the pics.

3. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    GREAT JOB ANDY, ALWAYS LIKE TO SEE YA DOING GOOD, KEEP IT UP

4. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Thanks for the pic's Andy. Nice to see you caught some fish.
    Take care.
    Larry
    P.S. I hate them critters.

5. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Nice job Andy! This time of year I also get swarmed by those guys at the diversion dam if I have a light on too long. Thanks for the info on them, I've been very curious to know just what those things are. They don't seem to be able to fly very well once they land, so its easy to avoid them. Same time last year my friend went fishing with me and thought they looked really cool, in fact, he was so fascinated he wanted to hold one in his hand. He learned very quickly what those evil little pincers are capable of.

6. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    That was a female one. You should see the male Dobson flies.. Their pinches are almost half the size of their bodies.