another record fish from nebraska

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by flathead_hunter, Jul 10, 2009.

1. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Hey I tried pulling up the aritcle but something is up with it. Do you have it saved or anything, maybe you'd be so kind as to send it to me. Maybe just give me the lowdown on species and size. That'd be great.

2. subcook

subcook Member

State:
    Grand Island, Nebraska
    it was a short nosed gar from a sand pit \. but I don't remember the weight of it.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Yea same here says removed. But thanks for telling us it was a short nose gar.

4. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    It was a short nose gar I think it was 6 lbs 14 oz... They said it was a world record it was caught by fremont in a sand pit

5. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I don't care what type of fish it is, it could've been a WR bluegill you can bet that thing would end up on the wall. Okay I guess I won't put a 130 lb blue on the wall but I hear bass pro and cabelas pay big bucks for record fish. It be nice to have your fish hanging on the wall in one of them stores. But that my opinion only.:smile2:

6. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Thanks for the link. That is way cool

7. catfishjohn54

catfishjohn54 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Hear ye, hear ye: I went into FISH bait and tackle yesterday, and he showed me a picture of a guy that caught a 42# flathead out of Oak creek, two days ago, right down the road from where i live. Amazing. I would have never imagined a fish that big in that little creek.