Another Question

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Capt_Culver, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Capt_Culver

Capt_Culver Member

State:
    Ohio
    Coming from a deer, turkey and duck hunting forums, we were all EXTREMELY quiet about where it is we are hunting. You guys seem SOOO open to share your spots. I have mentioned that I have private access to a local river, but I am hesitant about posting which one because of the world I come from. If I were to mention (on another deer hunting forum) that I saw a huge buck at "XXX" intersection, there would be 15 trucks there tomorrow night knocking on doors. If I said I saw 1000 mallards pouring into a field, there would be someone in that field the next morning. I mean, I would be more than willing to tell you all where I am fishing, but I don't want to piss off someone that may be fishing in that area and he doesn't want a hoard of people (we call them 'internet scouters') coming in on his spots.

How do you guys feel about this? Have you ever had an increase in people after you have given a report?

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i post about different rivers and lakes i fish. however, i try not to post where im catching fish. if i do post, i wouldn't believe me lol. you might find yourself lost in a two foot deep stream with nothing but smallies there. get my point? i try to give honest advice on catfishing, and will help as much as i can, but i wouldn't advise giving up specifics on your best places. we tend to talk more about stretches and sections of river rather than pin pointing on spots...rollo

3. Capt_Culver

Capt_Culver Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks rollo...that's what I thought. I appreciate the feedback. I can't answer the PM because I don't have 10 posts yet. Thanks Bro.

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I fish in the JT Meyers section of the Ohio River, that is a pretty good stretch of river to cover. Even if I gave a specific spot, that doesn't mean the fish will still be there. The fish move around alot and are difficult to find at times and, even if you find them, that doesn't mean they are gonna bite.

If a place is private and I have permmision to fish there, no one will know where it is as far as I am concerned.

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Im not going to ask for much just Lats and Longs then I can track it down that way :wink:. Luckily for you I cant give any good spots as Ive never caught anything big :sad2: but one of these days one of these days Ill tell you :eek:oooh:. if you go out with someone they may or may not take you to their great spot but it depends on how many times youve gone out with them and earned their trust and whatnot.