another pig hunt today

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by massa_jorge, Nov 22, 2008.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    went hunting again today. it was a chilly morning and a nice cool day, with almost no wind. i had worked all night last night, so i decided to take a nap. took my buddy richard out, as he has wanted to get on some hogs. he saw two about 80 pounds running full steam across the riverbed at 100 yards and tried a stalk. he doesn't hunt much so he didn't know that's the time to blaze away! those ones got away, needless to say. i finally woke up and hit some wallows i know about and saw this little dude cruising through the salt cedars 50 yards away. went for a head shot and grazed him by the ear. then i set my rifle down and ran him down. we were basically just messing around at this point, obviously. after an award winning tackle, i made him squeal some trying to get momma or some other pigs to come out, but i guess he was running solo. on the way to the river, we were talking about how folks take pictures of fish and other animals with the animal way close to the camera to make it look big. well we decided to do our own picture, as a joke... that's my disclaimer- i am in no way trying to tell yall this is a big hog, it's just a joke. i hobbled him and he's going to be cut and smoke whole tomorrow or the next day! hope yall enjoy...

Attached Files:

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    that's richard posing with the monster, and here's me holding the 'monster' right after i caught it...

Attached Files:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ya got ba!!$ Jordan,if ya ran him down :cool2:I would have loved to of seen that.Aww Man,Thank God for editing lol,that guy aint much hehehe

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ya got me on that one :wink::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Dont make me break out a nursery rhyme! LMAO

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Pigletzilla lives...well did live...lol :smile2: Bet that one will be delicious. :big_smile:

7. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    great demonstration of how hogzilla was produced!!:smile2:

8. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    yeah, no kidding! it was just a fitting end to a day that started discussing idiots who do that crap and expect to be taken seriously! the friends i sent the pics to asked what that biggun weighed and i say '3'. they say '300'? and i said no, 3 pounds! it's just the lack of sleep getting to us! every one else is out killing adult animals and we are doing this stuff. :smile2:

9. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    well, the pig was neither cut or smoked. my buddy i gave it to decided to keep it as a pet. (?) being a little boar i don't know how that will turn out. maybe if we castrate him he'll be mellow. only 'pet' wild hog i ever seen was one a buddy of mine had. he would eat out of your hand and chill until you opened the pen gate. then it was on! he was 250 pounds. granted, my buddy used him as a starter for his bay and catch dogs, that could have been the reason. this little one here folows my buddy around the house and sits when my buddy sits. better than a shi-tzu i guess. if i get another one of these i will smoke it with some peach or apple wood, yall can count on that!

10. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Now, that's my idea of a trophy hog.They do look good hanging, don't they? No kidding, he looks like a one hundred pounder or so! He (or she) will be some mighty good eating on the smoker. Congrats! Luke Clayton

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    congrats on the Hawg brother, looks like some good eating

12. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    That was great!:smile2: I hear that pigs are way smarter than dogs.