Another penn reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by cathouse, May 7, 2007.

1. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    The misses is going to kill me . I dont know if its the nostalgia or if i'm just a junky but i bought another penn . Ebay is going to break up my home picked up a squidder for 40 bucks with shipping . I think i need help LOL .

Thats a 500 , 210 , 140 and a 350 in the last three weeks to a month . Honestly think they are nice reels i enjoy them immensely they are all in excellent shape and best of all they are inexpensive . Since you guys are not there to defend you selves ill just blame the brotherhood , you know peer pressure . Sometimes i just sit and admire my new toys .

P.S. Send help quick LOL .

2. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    That is nice to see another aficionado that appreciates the old squidder that is a bullet proof reel. I still have my red squidder that makes an awesome sound casting with the wind brakes screamining out line like no tomorrow.

3. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    I do truly adore all the older penn reals , but to see one in good shape and 100% to me is a thing of beauty . See what i mean iused to talk about the misses like that .

4. dex

dex Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I to am a Penn junkie. My wife says I have to many, I own 13 Penns 9 of them are on rods. I have 500, 140, 2-155's ,210, 330,2-65's,309,67,285,200,and 112h. I love them all. :tounge_out:

5. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Keep it up and you will have almost as many as I do ......LOL My wife anit killed me yet and I now have 93 Penn reels

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    You will just have to start ducking and say honey please I just had to have one more. :lol:

7. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    LOL and lots of candy and flowers also works.

8. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    I have never owned a penn I guess I am going to have to buy one to see how good they are.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Chris you have bought yourself into the dog house, so don't blame it on the BOC. Buy her some roses and it will get the door opened. Take her out to lunch and be free. Good Luck Buddy.:big_smile:

10. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    I cant help it i am weak. now i have a couple of abus old ones i dont want to fish i think there worth more as collectors pieces . But my heart is with my penns you guys refamiliarized me to a old friend , these are what my uncle used on his shrimp boat , and i had all but forgotten how rugged they where . And then i stumbled across this great site . And now i am hooked . Thanks a lot .

11. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    I forgot my 259 and the 320 penn reels boy do i ever need help :shame:

12. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Yes I love penn and as far as the last girlfriend she said I had to STOP FISHIN or she was goin to leave boy I miss her NOT

13. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    I grabbed an old 850SS (not 8500SS, or 850ssm) from eBay and after replacing a lot of parts, I could've easily bought a new 950ssm. It had some heavy saltwater usage over the years, but it was MADE IN THE USA quality that got me to invest in it. I'm sure it will last me through the years.

14. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I have found that some times it easier to ask for forgiveness than permission

Good luck

15. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I thank penn reels are the best

16. DM1975

DM1975 New Member

State:
    Manhattan, Kansas
    Same here. I went on a Penn frenzy as well here in the last month but I had to stop myself. Dont want to drive the price up on em. Ebay is bad about that. I seen what ebay has done to the militaria collecting world as far as prics go and would hate to see them old Penns go up 4 to 5 times what they are now in just a few months...

17. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brother, I feel your pain. I moved from a Zebco 202 to a Penn squidder when I lived in Florida. I still have 2 red squidders and last year I bought 2 more new squidders on E BAY. I also love to look at then and remember the days in the surf. But since I have finally tried level wind reels, I must admit the Abu pro rockets are tough to beat. I own the 6500 and 7000 series pro rockets and love them ...but there is still something about the squidders.

18. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Good sweet Jesus, 93!!!!!:lol:

I went on a Penn 320GT2 buying frenzy in January. Ended up with 5 of them. And of course, had to go to CC and buy 5 Ugly Stik Tigers to match them up with.

19. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Ok, after listening to you guys talk about Penns all this time, I ordered 2 Penn 220gto's Monday from Cabellas.. I also ordered a lead pot and 2 molds and 1000 yards of 50 lb line.. I told the wife about the lead pot and molds but somehow forgot to mention the 2 new reels.. So, when my order gets here I'm going to blame you guys for my memory laps and the new reels.. I'll probably be sleeping in the boat for a few days..lol.. I guess I need to get to town and pick up 2 ugly sticks before the reels get here.. If i'm going down, I might as well go down whole hog.. hehehe

20. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yes yes yes go for it. probally would been better to have spred all that buying but sence you done it do it all the way. then while your sleeping in the boat you can be tring out all the new gear.:big_smile: i bought two of those 220 gtos and you should be pleased with your purchaces. fair warning though new reels need some breaking in, fish dont like to take bait from a new reel they need to be used a few times first. id be glad to help you out:big_smile: