Another "old" quarterback

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Ketch, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Reportedly, Jeff George is speaking with the Minnesota Vikings about a return to the NFL.

This could be the best thing to happen to the Vikes since a guy named AP.

George reportedly still has a powerful arm and could provide much needed QB leadership to my struggling team.

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Wow, that is so sad that the best option they may have is George. That is just terrible. They have such a good D to go along with their running game. I think they should try and deal with what they have. George is not a long term solution seeing as how he'll be 56 next month. Just roll with the young guy and try and let him learn and give the kid an opportunity to throw the dang ball. They also need to look into getting a reciever of some kind in the offseason.

3. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Last time he was here, he did good for us. Oh, and he's only 39 (40 in December) that's 2 years older than Brett Favre.

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Yeah, but he's no Farve. I just think that Jackson hasn't gotten the opportunity to be successful. If you run the ball on 1st and 2nd down every single set of downs you become predictable. I dunno, it just seems like when you complete 6 passes you haven't gotten an opportunity to show what you can do. When you only get a limited amount of times to throw the ball b/c of play calling I would imagine that it would put undue pressure to "make it happen" those few times you get it which leads to forcing things which leads to bad throws and turnovers.

5. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Yeah, I know he may not have a lot of tries yet. From what some of the local media is saying though, his practices aren't that good.

Besides, if Childress won't give Andrian Peterson 20-25 carries a game, then everyone is gonna cheat the run and cover pass.

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    If Minnesota has resorted to digging Jeff George out of the grave they are in deeper doo doo then they can overcome! :crazy: