Another Ohio River get together...

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by tbull, Apr 24, 2009.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I know the gathering is coming up, and it really sucks since I have to work that weekend. So that being said, I just wanted to see if you guys would be interested in another Ohio River gathering later in the summer? If I get a good number of responses I will go ahead and start looking into dates and places. Just kind of wanted some feed back. Would you guys like it summer, fall,etc......? Last year was a good time even though it was a very bad day weather and luck wise, we will try and make this one at a more predictable time as far as conditions go. i know alot will not be able to make it down here, just wanted to try and get an idea of how many would be interested. Thanks all!:wink:

2. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Im ready ne time bro...as far as dates go, when the blues are bitting the best is good for me :wink:

3. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    I ready when ever.Ilike to chase the flatheads.Ive tryed for the Blues,with no luck.But will try again always.

4. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Anytime bro.. I have never fished the big river yet and im really lookin forward to it! Any month would be good for me!

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I'll be there too. Anytime you you guys want to set something up.

6. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Count me in as well. Haven't fished the Ohio since i was a kid when i lived about 2 blocks from it.

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Winter time would be the best, but I would like to get this one in warmer weather, might have a better turnout.:wink:

8. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Travis, I say just set something for this summer, like June. Then we can do another in Aug-Sept, then one in Nov-Dec lol. And don't forget Rocktober.

But this one here would be cool if we could fish thru day and at night. Meet back up in the am the next morning to compare catches. Make it worth the drive for those of us that live 3 hours away lol. Anyone up for something like that?

9. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Im in for going for the weekend, and set up camp somewhere, I know sman is game,Yes?

10. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    At the least an overnighter. I camp out in my boat lol.

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I can make one night! Sounds good Travis. I like fishing the Ohio, and would definetely be interested! Good idea.... rollo

12. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Sounds good to me fella's....I may look at something in June or July then...I dont mind fishing 48 hours straight!:wink:

13. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I could probably make the 15 minute drive down to the river :roll_eyes:

14. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    let s make this happen, for any one that wants to stay from friday to sunday after noon,can ride with me just meet me at my house with your stuff and we will head out and get there well before dark, ive got a dodge ram ext cab, 8' bed, plus a 10' enclosed trailer, so ive got the room, ill just need to know 2 weeks ahead of time:cool2:

15. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio

Skip, that's a great idea. I want to get down that way and several get togethers will make it easier to hit at least one! Lol:wink:

16. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    sounds like a good time count me in at least one day and night

17. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Travis, if the dates work for me around the tournament schedules, Ill be there!

Are you thinking like Ripley/Maysville or more like New Richmond?? Ripley would be a lot closer for a lot of the traveling folks and better flathead water too.

Salmonid

18. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    If your gona be fishing 48 hours.. straight..:roll_eyes: I"ll let you drive:wink::smile2:

19. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'll enjoy meeting up with ya as well!

20. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Not sure where yet, i doubt it will be new richmond since I absolutley hate fishing there. And I don't want to people to drive a long way again to fish what is in my opinion the worst stretch of river in this area...But its also the biggest free ramp that is always open with plenty of parking. Just not sure yet...