Another New Woman Hunter

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by ladyfish50, Mar 21, 2008.

1. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I just have to share this with you. I work in a Medical Office, & we always have drug company reps coming by, & alot of the time, they bring us lunch. So, they're all pretty familiar with the fact that I hunt. Well...most of the women reps are these "pretty little petite cutesy" things.(No offense intended here.) The other day, one of the women came by & "just had to tell me" that she'd killed her first deer, a big doe! She was so proud, & excited! She said, "I have to tell you, I've always hated hunters. But I went with some friends, learned how to shoot a gun & went to Mississippi with them to hunt. The first day was cold, rainy, miserable! I asked them, is this what y'all enjoy?? The second day, right at dusk, a big doe walks out----and, I don't know what came over me! I was suddenly a hunter!" Get this; 1 shot--218yrds! With a 45/70! She said she did shed a tear when she saw the doe up close. I told her that's okay; I've done that before. But, at the same time, she looked at my picture & said, "Now I want one with horns!" I'm so proud of her!! And to know that we've recruited another hunter to our ranks.
    Sorry the post is sooo long, but I just had to tell y'all!!!!

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Glad to hear that. Smetimes the women out number the men in deer camp.

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

That's cool Roxie! Thanks for sharing the story with us; I'm sure that made your day! :big_smile:

4. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Great story,thanks for sharing it with us.

5. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Hey, thats a cool story. Maybe she can get a little meat on her own bones, now that she's at the top of the food chain.:smile2:

6. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Roxie that was a good storie.Thanks for sharing!

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Great story Roxie, great to see the Ladies get involved in the outdoors :cool2:.

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Rox, my momma taught me to hunt and fish, daddy was to busy workin and thats understandable. She was very proficient in the outdoors.

9. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    That was a good story. It is always good to have another hunter among us. To me it doesn't matter if a new hunter is male or female, young or old. I am just glad that they are on our side.

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    wish i could get mine other side to hunt. i have to be the only one bringing home the venison,lol.

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    She will not get over the Buck Fever until she has one on the wall. Congrats to her. That is a good story.

12. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I talked to her again today; she's still excited! And ready to go back!!:wink: