another new one saw

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by JERMSQUIRM, Jul 24, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well i guess the general area may be better but most of my logsplitter and saw threads i put here so why not. if its that important thell move it.

any ways i got a new saw. used new to me. another echo. im quickly becoming a fan of echo. nothing against stihl. just got a better deal and longer warrenty with echo.

this one is my companion saw to the 440 45 cc 18" one i bought new. and it has a 20" for it now too. this one is an echo 305. 30.1 cc accepts 12-14" bar and blade.

sort of a bad experience from ebay. it was listed with a $99 buy it now. no bidding. buy it or not deal. i watched it for a week. last day she lowered it to $70. i hit it. it had no bar or blade and was listed as in like new condition and runs great. its $199.99 new.

after 3-4 days i asked if it had been shipped. not yet response. then the next day said it was shipped but no ups notification and she said she would figure it out. after 7 days (this past sun) i said if it wasnt here this week i would file a fraud with paypal and ebay. low and behold i got ups e-mail mon. she just hadnt shipped it. so it was scheduled for delivery today and i have a tree to cut this weekend.

last night i checked on the tracking. it was in il. but she had shipped it to my p.o. box and not my st addy wich is listed clearly in my paypal acct.:confused2:

so i sent an e-mail to ups. they informed me it would be held at the hub 5 days and a post card would be sent to me. so at noon i checked on it. it was sent out a 6am and was back at the hub. so i had to drive 15 miles to pick it up:angry:

so add $10 to the $70 and $15 s/h i paid. any how done and here. and it fired right up after a fill up and a few pumps on the bulb. runs like a new one.

and i was gonna go after a new bar and chain but there was an old craftsman at my grandpas that was junk. it has a 12" bar on it. and it fit. pretty sharp chain too. so i did some cutting with it today. no problems.

any how just posting this to inform that echos have done me well since my purchase. ive used the big one alot so far with not a glitch. my uncle that bought his same week before i got mine said hes real happy with his too.

i remember not to many here said they had had to much experience with echo saws. ive never used a husky and my time with a stihl is minimum from using the 20" the villiage has helping my grandpa cut some tele-poles.

but anyone intrested in a saw dont be afraid of echo. i would now reccomend them. with my lil one i have a 12-14" and a 16" poulen 34 cc and the big 45cc echo with an 18-20". so i have the capacity for 5 saws.

its the one in the middle. now i got to get a case.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    now i got to get a case. the soft one i got with my 440 it awesome. has oil proof vinil or rubber bottom a velcro pocket inside for tools. a pvc lined pocket on top for oil and spare chains shoulder strap and had straps. $29 i believe. be nice but i dont know. a nice gunnie sac would suffice i guess.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the review and I hope that the saw works out well for you

4. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Yeah those echo are pretty good saws I own a 341 trim saw and an older one my mom picked up for 8 bucks at a yard sale. I used the 341 for 3 years 4 days a week @ work I had to replace the carb ($40). They're a good saw for the money. Still using it.

Jeremy...Make sure your old bar that u threw on lines up with the oiler or you'll be wearin out the bar and chain quick.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya. they were rusty a tad. first thing i did was hold it wide open and tip to a piece of wood to make sure the oil was spitting. used it for a while today. running great.

6. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Those echo saw's are Great chain saw's that's all i use at work...Some of the guy'sat work like sthil saw's but the one i use take's just one pull and it's up and running and i work that saw hard!!!!!! It has never gave me a problem yet and i had it for year's.

7. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    I have one, "Husquavarna (SP)" Eric gave me, still scares the heck out of me each time I use it :crazy:

I guess all the warnings and missing limbs and split heads has that effect :)

Healthy respect, and then some....

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    lmao. ya mean these?:smile2:

i was on a ladder today with a 20" and tomorrow i got to go over 25' with one too.:eek:oooh: i move rather slowly. and when that limb starts to go i try and hit the chain brake. if im coming down with the log at least the chain aint rolling too.

p.s. who the heck bulids a fire under the stairs?:smile2:

9. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That husky I got, that was made in Sweden is a good one. I will stick with it for a while. I don't need ton's of saws. I have 4 or 5 that run now.

But that old Swedish jewel is lighter than them all and has that 52 cc motor.

Jeremy it is a cutting fool. It just has an 18" bar, but on the real big trees, after you cut out a big noch, it gets threw the back, to drop them. I have only cut maybe 3 that were over 3 foot in diameter.

The last one was a giant oak about 10 foot from the neighbor womans house. The ground litterly shook when it landed. It went right where it was supposed to and never hit a fence post with it's giant limbs. She took the cyclone fence wire down and the top pipe, but all the posts were left, because they were set in cement.

It's like The Good Lord had Angels watching those posts. lol I hate doing trees close to a house. We even had to have the Electric company drop her service wires and then re-attach them when it was down.

Trees by houses are a pain, because there is a lot of things they can/will take out.

If I need another saw, I'll try an Echo. They sound well made.

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya the one im in the prosess of bringing down from top is close to a house. im just glad its only a coulpe foot in diam,. im real experienced yet in directional dropping. my uncles was a brute but it was straight as a pole after we limmed the two ogg the bottom. and i dropped it right in its shaddow. but i dont really know this feaal. so i wont take un nessessary chances.

50 cc is a machine. i did want to get the 50cc echo 520 instead of the 440. but it was $400 without tax.:eek:oooh: i spent $329 on this one b/tax. but so far with the 20" upgrade on the bar theres nothing it aint cut yet.:cool2:

11. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Now I gotta be careful of driveshafts and bicycles. Wheres the peta warning?:smile2:

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    those are. theyll run you over if ya kill fish. hence the twist around driveshaft.:wink: