Another New Guy....Howdy

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Wac M Trac M, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hi, I'm new here. Looks like alot of knowledge on this sight. I plan on being a regular. I hail out of Wimberley TX. I have lots and lots of great private access on the Blanco river. I mostly just bowhunt hogs on the river but have been seeing lots of nice catfish lurking so I have been trying with almost no luck. I hope you fellas might help with that. I've already learned that I need to be using perch for bait..not the dough bait I've been using. I'm headed to the river this evening....we'll see.

If anyone lives in the Wimberley area and wants to do some fishin. I'll be happy to supply the spot if you supply some knowledge. I like to fish Granger lake as well.

-f

2. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Welcome to the BOC from Dale, TX. Have never been able to fish the Blanco, but sure have seen lots of it from a helicopter on flood searches. Use to live just north of town, off Lone Man Mountain.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC!!!:big_smile::cool2:

4. ouachita

ouachita New Member

State:
    Texas
    Welcome to the BOC! Always good to have another Texan onboard!:roll_eyes:

5. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Welcome to the family from Central Texas!!! :big_smile::cool2::smile2: Use shad and blue-gill work great as well for flatheads!!

6. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    welcome aboard frank! one thing for sure, if you have a question about fishing there is someone on here with an answer. good luck

7. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    A big welcome from northeast Texas! You will not regret joining.

8. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Welcome aboard Frank. Proud to have You. J.D.

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC from Missouri Frank.

10. Sigmar

Sigmar New Member

State:
    Texas
    Frank, a warm welcome to ya outta Arlington.

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Frank! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! :cool2:

Cool username, I'm rather fond of rhymes. :wink:

12. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Welcome to the BOC from N. Carolina and in a few weeks welcome again from Lockhart :0a25:

13. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Joe,

When you get there to Lockhart be sure and go to Black's and get some REAL BBQ:big_smile:

14. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Frank,

If me memory tells me right the Blanco is clear, I think i would get some little gill's and float it to them so they can not see you , Hope this helps:big_smile:

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Harold, looks like we gonna have to have a TALK bro. There is not ONE thing wrong with NC BBQ......well, unless you're in the eastern part of the state :wink: and even then, it's still quite edible.

16. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    I'm orginaly from Lockhart and you mean to tell me that Blacks is better than Kruz. Come on who you kidding. Nothing better than Kruz with a cold glass bottle of Big Red drink.:wink:

17. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Catgirl I'm sorry girl but there is just something wrong when you put vinegar in your BBQ. I don't think I can sit there and still call it BBQ. But hay whom am I to say that NC's BBQ is bad, I say what ever blows your hair back.:smile2:

18. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcom to the BOC from Missouri Frank. One thing for sure no matter what you question about catfishing is you will get a lot of valuble information on this site.

Tom

19. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
  20. capt295

capt295 New Member

State:
    Newark ,Texas
    Welcome to the BOC. I hope you find it as informative as i have. Lots of great fishermen here with lots of knowledge, and willing to share it.