Another large Catfish Caught on the Neuse River

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by roncat3945, Apr 19, 2006.

1. roncat3945

roncat3945 New Member

North Carolina
    Hello everyone,
    Just wanted to share my first solo success story. I went fishing tonite and had a great nite. Several very good bites. At about 9:30 I finally hit pay dirt. That was third really good stike and this time we connected. After about fifteen minutes I landed a 58lb. flathead. It measured 49 inches long. What a fish! After weighing and a short photo session the cat was released back to fight again another nite maybe. It did take some time to get the fish revived. I am not sure why because it wasnt kept out of the water very long. I dont know if the long duration of the fight really took a big toll on the fish or not. Any suggestions on minimizing the stress on the fish would be appreciated. I really dont desire to kill a large a cat at all unless maybe it was a new record or something. I am new to the site and dont have enough post yet to allow for uploading a photo yet so you can see the fish in my avatar photo. Good night all, gotta get some sleep so I can go fishing again tomorrow night.
  2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

Way to go Ronnie, very nice fish!

3. BigDuck

BigDuck New Member

Trumann, Arkans
    Way to go Ronnie, thats an awsome fish!!!! Also, Welcome to the BOC! Keep up the good work, I'm still huntin for my 50 plus pounder ;)