Another great state getting close to concealed carry!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Apr 2, 2006.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Nebraska lawmakers has approved "right to carry", their Governor says he will sign!

When he does, Nebraska will become the 40th state to have right to carry.

It was sponsored by Sen. Jeanne Combs, a member of the NRA.

I say... Big thanks to Sen. Combs, the NRA, the people that voted for it and the ones that worked to get it approved.

2. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Lucky you. Out here in WI, Governor Doyle vetoed the bill. The legislature couldn't over-ride his veto. I guess according to my governor, you guys with concealed carry in 40 other states are all wrong. Feel free to write my governor with your respectful comments and/or concerns. Even though you don't live in WI, please let him know that concealed carry is supported and working in your state. He is obviously ignoring all the letters from the residents of Wisconsin. Also, don't forget to thank/support the NRA for their help.

Governor Jim Doyle
    PO BOX 7863
    Madison, WI 53707
    Phone 608-266-1212

http://www.wisgov.state.wi.us/section.asp?linkid=59&locid=19

3. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Hope it works out for you...I firmly believe it is a citizen's right if they so
    desire.

4. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I feel safer already!;)

5. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    I can't find it now but didn't someone have a website that you could go to and check your states law on this? It was a group that monitored all the states and where they were on the right to carry, if I remember right. If anyone knows what that is would the either PM me or post it here so we can all check it out. Sorry for the repeat but getting old I tend to forget stuff. Sorry for the repeat but getting old I tend to forget stuff. lol

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Here is the one I like. You then select the state.

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Curious... as to why you feel safer with Nebraska getting right to carry, since you live in California? ;)

8. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I don't think they will even let us carry slingshots here in New Jersey.:sad:

9. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Dayton has you on the right path. Thats the same site I use if traveling. Then I'll check with each state's website(Police) to verify it too.

10. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    You seemed to feel pretty good about it and you dont live in nebraska either:)
    While I cherish my right to own firearms and shoot skeet at a local gun club! I can't help but wish there were less on the street. Its not a liberal thing, it's a scary thing and personally me carring a concealed gun is just not going to happen unless it's already in my head to shoot someone. "Guns dont kill people, people with guns Kill people". I keep thinking of that movie with nicolas cage, "Lord of War" something like "87 percent of the world has guns and I want to arm the other 13 percent!"

11. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    I have been a ccp holder in Tenn for a long time, and the thought has never crossed my mind to even draw my weapon. I have had the site of it get me out of a couple of sticky situations and feel it may have been a determining factor of the events that could have unfolded. I carried for many years before the law was changed here in Tenn, and did so only when I was placed into an area that I felt it was necessary. I still carry in the same situations, and don't carry where I'm fairly secure in knowing it is relatively safe. I used to work in one of the worst places in town and I put my holster on before I got my truck keys. I now work in an area that is much safer and no longer carry one on my person, but because I travel through the same before mentioned neighborhood I carry one in the truck for transit purposes.

I traveled out of town last month and you better believe there was one handgun in the truck and one on my person. I refuse to be a willing victim as I plan on going kicking screaming and shooting if needed. I also had my wife go with me when obtaining a permit as I feel her safety is of the utmost importance. Many people say let the police handle it, but as I'm sure many people can attest 911 is what you call after you have been a victim and about futile during the act of the crime.

If you feel a handgun is not right for you then you are most likely correct, but if someone is willing to go through the safety courses and background checks then stand with them and give them that right as it may be yourself, or your spouse, daughter, son and Etc. that needs that person at the most precious time in their life.

12. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good news

Danny