Another great night on the Ohio River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Bigones, May 27, 2006.

1. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Spencer and I hit the GRM last night and what A night! We got Ten good runs. Well spencer got 7 I got 3. Poor Spencer was using those circle hooks and missed almost all of them well two or three broke his line. He did catch one though. Thanks to me setting the hook for him :lol: . Well to his defense he was getting me a bluegill. I was giving him a hard time and said you want me to show you how to hook a fish and he said yeah smart a$$ and I laid it to him. I hate those circle hooks no way I could use them and if I did I would still lay the coles to him. I Caught one that was a hawg and the others where nice ones they all where over 15 and the big one was 30. Here is some pics

Attached Files:

2. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    nice cats there Bigones! hope you putum back in n sent them down river so i can have a chance at them!

3. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I release all big fish I catch. I may put them on a stringer but thats hust for pics at the end of the night they go back ito the water!

4. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Opps guess I should of said gmr not the Ohio in the title sorry brothers I am tierd. I am going to the Ohio tomorrow and I had it on the brain!

5. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Just a question if I may????

If you were to use sturdy rod holders and lock up them reels what would happen on them 7 runs plz??????

:big_smile:

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish, congrats on the fish. The GMR is producing well for you guys.

7. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Congrats on a fine catch, thanx for sharing

8. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa

I'm with you! There would be more pictures! Operator error.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great catch,thanks for sharing them pics!!!

10. CatCatcher

CatCatcher New Member

Congrat Tim teach me how to fish like you...ha ha ha ha only caught one so far this year and it was about 15 lbs and from a pond none from the GMR yet.....:confused2:

11. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    man you guys are doin awesome! im having a horrible time this year, think we are going at the wrong times. seems like the fish are hittin early in the day and late at night. what times were you guys having your good runs? we fish from 6pm-10.30pm just downstream from ya last night and only had one good solid run.

12. Quackcephus

Quackcephus New Member

State:
    TX
    OUTSTANDING!!! :cool2:

13. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well most of my fish have come at or after midnight. I Think I have only caught 2 that where before then. I don't even hit the water until dusk. I have never did very well for shovels during the day. Yesterday was the first time I hit sun up and I caught that 30 so I may have to give that a try but I am not much of a morning person. I am used to third shift so being up at night comes easy for me. As far as Spencer missing 7 fish do to operator error is incorrect he had 3 break his line he was only using 12lb test which I tried to tell him where we are fishing just is not enough. Too manny snags one little nick in that line and its done. I hooked one for him while he was getting me bait. So he any really missed 3 due to the hooks. What kind of fun is that just let the fish hook itself is that really how your suppost to use circles? The fight just begins when you lay that hook in them in my opinoin.

14. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Bigones wrote "he had 3 break his line he was only using 12lb test which I tried to tell him where we are fishing just is not enough. Too manny snags one little nick in that line and its done" oh no Ive been following some other post on the board here we go again!!

15. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice Fish!:tounge_out: I was at work, again..:sad2:

16. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    what did ya get em on? i tring tommorow for the big boys

17. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You are doing great! Fished downstrem from you saturday and the fishing was very poor.

18. Steven Blair

Steven Blair New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Great Fish!! Congrats on the nice catch. :smile2:l

19. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Well Done You Guys"!:boss:
    :0a23:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

20. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Those are some very nice flats. Congrats on the catches. Bet you guys had a fun night out there. Hope you get the same if not better results on the Ohio!