Another great night in the Canal with PB Blue

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by buster1395, May 13, 2009.

1. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    We went out last night in the same spot as we anchored Monday night and laid another smackdown on em. We ended up with 13 weighing a total of 175lbs including my new PB Blue of 35.6 lbs. The bite pretty much quit about 11:30 so we came on in for the night. Got up this morning and heard that a couple guys anchored out there without lights on after midnight got ran over by another boat. I havent heard whether or not anyone was hurt. If anyone else heard about this maybe you could share more with us.

Attached Files:

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for the report, Chris. Sounds like you guys are on them pretty good. I hate to hear about the boat wreck; don't think there were any serious injuries, but not sure.

3. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Chris, Congrats on your new PB Blue:smile2: Nice fish and great pic. Thanks for sharing the story. Never a good thing to here about boats running into each other. Hope everyone is ok.

4. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    Buster save some for me..

5. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    cut bait or live which one working best???? shad or bream or skip jack?

6. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the report Chris. The bite in the canal is good right now when their pulling water. Thanks again and be careful.

7. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Way to go Chris!:wink:

8. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    anyone heard from Buster..... we need a update fishing report

9. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Way to bust them up Chris

10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I can't figure for the life of me why anybody would be in the canal with no lights on.That place is like a super highway all night long and it will be packed Mem Day weekend.I almost ran over a boat one night just at the entrance to the lower end.I was fishing a tournament and it was a bright moonlit night but they were up against the shadows on the right side.I finally saw then just by seeing one man inhale on a cigarette.They were screaming at me that I was blind and it was bright as day.Well it was except in the shadow against the bank.I went back and got one of them on my boat then showed him the situation and he apologized and made them light their lantern.Dont assume the other guy can see you.:crazy:Besides I'll be anchored up next weekend but I have a large green led light going all night long.Those are the best lights and they hardly draw any power.When I hear you coming I also turn on my nav light and get ready with the 5 Million Candlepower spotlight.:smile2:

11. Big_cat_hunter

Big_cat_hunter New Member

State:
    Saluda, SC
    Congrats on the new PB! Sounds like you had a great night.

From the SCDNR boating handbook......

All Vessels When Not Underway

All vessels are required to display a white light visible in all directions whenever they are moored or anchored outside a designated mooring area between sunset and sunrise.

That's a quick way to get a ticket for sure!!! Some people astonish me with their lack of common sense.

12. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    new LED lights works great and don't eat up a battery!!!!!!!!!!!