Another Great Miami River Report ;D 081209

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by JBrooks, Aug 12, 2009.

1. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I was going to go with Prostreets10 but he planned on staying out much longer than me, but he offered that I could use the bank spot to fish and leave whenever I wanted. I took that offer, he went out on the ole' John Boat.

I threw the net for a bit, landed some BIG shad, and a good sized Drum - bait was set (I still have a lot left over). Saw shad jumping at night and threw it again and landed even more, all of them in the 10 - 12 inch range.

I took the same crowd last night (I swear I'm gonna break this guy in) and we landed some more channel catfish.

The highlight of the night is obviously Prostreet's fish. We see him trolling back to the bank, and he goes, "Hey look at this!" I asked him, "What ya got?" Response? "30 LB Flathead".

She tipped the scales at 29.92 pounds, close enough I'd say. :wink:

Here some more channels (booooo where's my flatheads?) and his flathead. Reps to Pro Street for showing him off and showing the new guy with me what we're really after!

/ James

This is the last report from me unless something actually tips the scales.
    I can't seem to find my way out of the channels this August. I've been serving buffets!

Attached Files:

2. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Congrats on a good night, and I knew Josh would slam another Flat....I just can't get on those GMR flatties but he seems to always know where to find them :smile2:

3. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey Josh Nice Flat.

4. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
  5. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Good stuff ain't it? :cool2:

6. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I know it man. I've spent so many rigs and wasted hours there learning spots and he goes out and just nails 'em. :smile2::smile2:

7. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    god man, good to see some flats comin outta the GMR,,,,,,FINALLY!!....RAT

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Thanks for the Post appreciated here.

9. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    James not trying to be a Jerk.This is a great site but there are many Spot Thieves on here and Im not just talking about the Lurkers.I drove down east miami road last night around 9:30 on my way to work and it looked like a paylake,I couldnt believe it on a wednsday night,there were even 5 vehicles in a area that you have been mentioning on here.You might ask why do I care?Because I also like to fish that small area frequently and dont really want people as far as a few hours drive from it slamming on it.Like I said Im not trying to be a Jerk I just wish you wouldnt give information about your spots

10. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Funny thing is I went out last night and saw exactly what you're talking about. It almost made me sick. They even filled in one of the pull overs with a mound of dirt yet people still stacked into it.

I have plenty of spots that I don't give information about - but that spot you saw I fish quite often and that spot is no secret.

You and I are two of probably 2 - 3 dozen people that fish that spot. Most people that go down there are using nightcrawlers and not even fishing the right spots ...

The spot on this report in particular no one on here knows about except a select few. And even if they did, they'd be trespassing if they weren't with the right people.

I didn't take any offense to your post at all, in fact I totally agree with you. Plenty of pictures I don't post on here simply because they make the spot very obvious to point out. I've never been detailed enough in any of my posts to make this spot obvious to the rest of the world that don't already know about it.

Wanna go down there sometime? I'm like 5 mins away, so I'll snag the spot! :big_smile:

/ James

PS: A little birdy told me it's only a matter of time until that spot gets filled in too. This is why I'm working my butt off to get key access to the gates.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  11. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    nice shovelhead rick

12. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Josh knows how to catch them boys on the GMR...:wink: