Another Great Miami River flathead catfish

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Bigones, May 18, 2006.

1. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hit the river tonight and boy what a light show I got. Thank goodness for Gore Tex that stuff is great. This is the first time I have ever caught fish in a thunderstorm. I caught 2 and missed one. I couldn't get a pic of the small one cause it got so muddy that I couldn't get it up thank bank I busted my butt 3 times so I finally decided to just let it go without a pic it was abot 7 or 8 lbs. Luckly I caught the big one before it got to muddy and I did get a pic of it. It weighed 28 lbs. I got a wet A$$ but it was worth it.

Attached Files:

2. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Great job on the flattie. Its wicked cool to be out in a thunderstorm, I've sat out in the boat many a time in my early years watching the lightning hittin on both banks. LOL

3. tocold4u2

tocold4u2 New Member

State:
    ohio
    good looking flat there , save some for me to catch,,,lol how`s the river looking ? i think that i`m gonna scout around this weekend:roll_eyes: give me a call or send me a line , hopefully we can get i twisted cat up and going (the pontoon) for our trip.
    c ya
    alan

4. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Good catch and great photo.

:big_smile_2:

:cat:

5. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Nice flattie. Congrats

And I allways have my gore-tex coat in my vehicle. Got a nice pair of desert boots with the inner lined with it, but can't figure out why they would bother for desert boots.

SudDawg

6. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The river was not bad at all but is going to be a mess after all that rain last night hopefull it will stop raining for a week and let things get back in order.

7. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    Tim,

I specifically thought of you as I was driving back from Lebanon last night. Around midnight the rain was heavy enought to make driving a challenge. As it continued to rain and spit lightning, I thought there'd be no way you'd be out in it. I should of guessed you'd be crazy enough to do it. Great fish. I assume they all bit on bluegill?

In case you didn't see the other thread, our mystery fish was a quillback sucker. It is supposed to be an excellent bait and will probably only be in the creeks during its spawn.

Also, though I am pleased that we got the bank cleared away for fishing, I am deeply regretting the woodland potty break as the poison ivy sets in. :eek:oooh:

Spencer

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    your more a man than me! we were going to go last night but i cant stand getting wet so i stayed home.

9. fish-n-fool

fish-n-fool New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the nice Flat!

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Very nice fish, congrats on the catch.

11. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Nice fish I am hopeing to get down to the williamstown area on the ohio this weekend ,they should be moveing with the river going up.

12. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    very nice fish,congrats on the flattie

13. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    that is a nice flathead! i hope to have that kind of luck this weekend.

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sissy! :wink:

I need someone to stick it out w/ me somewhere Sat night.

15. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Nice fish Mate!

16. ltbball

ltbball New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats. Nice fish.