Another good deal- maybe

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by bobact, Jul 22, 2006.

1. bobact

bobact New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My brother gave me a new Rhino RCBXL last weekend. He used it once but said he didn't care much for it. He uses 6500C3 almost exclusively. Does anyone know anything about this particular reel? I don't have it on a pole yet. It seems to very smooth operating, power handle and is definately BIG enough. I'm gonna have to get a good sized rod just to handle the reel.

2. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Don't know any thing about the reel, but free is always a great price!!!

3. bobact

bobact New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Right Price anyway. He's given me 2 Ambass. 5500 also. I wasn't too proud to take them either.

4. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I tell you what brother, I love the 5500, and truth be told, I would rather see them put to use then sit in a closet.

Not entirely sure what you mean by not to proud to take them... if he didn't want them there is no reason not to accept them.

5. bobact

bobact New Member

State:
    Indiana
    "Wasn't too proud to take them" was just a play on words. It means that one doesn't let pride or vanity get in the way of excepting a couple of very fine reels , in this case, just because they weren't new. I would not let pride get in my way. I was very glad to accept them. They were a little rough on the outside but perfectly smooth. We use our equipment hard but we maintain them as well.