Another good day on the upper LOZ

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Mr.T, May 26, 2007.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Took my father-in-law fishing on the LOZ below Truman Dam today, his first time ever fishing for "real" catfish (he's caught his share of channel cats from farm ponds). The day started off kind of slow, we had to wade through a lot of dinks but at least the bite was good.

Then one of his poles took on a serious bend and I knew something was up. He didn't have a clue what it was, only that it was taking line. After about 20 minutes, we ended up with this nice one in the boat. 43 lbs, 45 inches.

He followed about 30 minutes later with a 26 lb, and all together, boated upwards of 15 or 18 fish today. I caught about 6 or 8 myself but he was in the hot seat today for sure. Everything other than the two big ones was under 5 lbs.

He really had a great time and I thoroughly enjoyed watching him reel in a couple of hawgs. Kind of forgot he was my father-in-law for a little while... :tounge_out: Heck, I wasn't even mad when he dropped one of my river rods with the Amassadeur 7000C3 overboard...

2. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    Nice fish,sounds like a great day,did you get your rod back?

3. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Were you drifting with the current or anchored in a hole fishing?

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Good job Marty! I may have to head down there on Monday for some fishing. I think I'll tie a safety rope to my rods-the last time I was down there the guy I was fishing with cast his rod into the lake! I won't mention any names...

5. whiskers9512

whiskers9512 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Good fishing Marty! sounds like you guys really got into them!