Another good day on the Tennessee River

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by shadguts, Sep 7, 2008.

1. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Got out at daybreak and left at dark. Started out on Pickwick lake and moved below the dam at 10am. Never marked a fish on the lake. Not suprising as I've only attempted to fish the lake a few times. Moved below the dam at 10am. Went about 10 miles maybe below the dam and caught a 4lb flathead and after alot of moving didn't find anymore fish until 3pm. After finally finding a few fish ended up catching 17 I think from 3 to 6pm. The biggest was 31lbs. The fish totalled 118lbs. Little slow at first but the action picked up later. Actually caught a 6 and 7lb blue at once on a double hook rig which was a first for me. All the fish were caught in @20ft of water with shadguts, and worms and very little current. All those attending the gathering should be ready to catch some eaters. All and all we had a good time.

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    rite past the sav bridge at the cliffs

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    10 miles is more along the end of Diamond Island or Perkins bluff.
    9 miles is chambers creek.
    Savannah is pushing 15 miles.
    All above is by GPS
    Everyone should be able to load the boat with all the fish from 10 lbs down they care to catch. I think I can catch 50+ fish per day by my self easy. There tearing it up.
    Pete

4. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Chris you da man

5. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Fellows I was just guessing at the miles. The small flathead came from the upper end of Shiloh and the others were caught at the Dam. The creek just below Shiloh is as far down river as we went. I thought it was called Snake creek but not sure about that. Any how the fishing should be good for anyone willing to try a little. I am sometimes slow on finding the fish. There were a lot of boats at Shiloh but I don't think I saw anyone boat a fish.

6. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    hey shad was you fishing on bottom or suspended

7. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well sounds like an OK day at the office:wink: