Another good day on the Ohio 11/21

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by SkiMax, Nov 21, 2009.

1. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Got my boat back from the shop last night and decided to get out for a couple hours this morning. Went out by myself. Shad were kinda hard to come by but I threw my arm off and ended up with about 2 dozen. Went to a spot that's been pretty hot lately and started to throw poles out. I was fishing with 8 poles (gotta love that KY license!) and before I could get the third baited and out one slammed down. Reached up and grabbed it and landed a nice flathead in the low teens. Released him and got all the poles out. About 10 minutes later another rod slowly bent forward. I set the hook and knew it was a decent fish. Fought it for a few minutes and got the net under it. As I was netting it I had another pole go down. Threw that fish in the boat real quick and landed the next one. AS I am fighting him, another rod slams. I grab it and set the hook and put it back in the rod holder. the net was full with the first one so I lipped the 2nd one and then grabbed the third rod. The fish was still on so I brought him in, once again had to lip him. It was a fast 15-20 minutes! The first of the three was the biggest and weighed 24 pounds, the other two were 15 and 17. I ended the day with 6 flatheads and 2 blues. Had a real brute on but once again, he spit the hook on me. I'm gonna nail him tomorrow! All fish were released healthy and unharmed, besides a hole in the mouth! :smile2:

I was fishing a scour hole in about 45 feet of water. Surface temp was 54 degrees and all fish were caught on shad, mainly cut bodies.

Attached Files:

• 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      33.9 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      32.2 KB
      Views:
  2. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wow, I'd take that day of fishing anytime. Good post, good report, and good pictures.

Thanks.

:big_smile:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Max thanks for sharing your trip with us. WTG. Enjoyed the pics.

4. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Way to go Max. I just got my boat back today from the shop. Took out the lower unit a few weeks back. Can't wait to get back on the river. Did you get the aquarium set up yet?

5. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    That is sweet! Nice job!

6. Balex123

Balex123 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man I sure hope there hitting like that here in a week!! :big_smile:

7. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
  8. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN

I am setting it up over Thanksgiving break. We took a field trip to Newport Aquarium last week so it's the perfect time because they are interested right now.

9. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Hopefully so. It's looking like the weather might not be cooperating. High of 40 on Friday. Hopefully that cold front won't shut them down too much though.

10. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    Great report and thanks for sharing it!!!!!!:wink:

11. gdog bigcat

gdog bigcat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Way to go, Max! You had your hands full. I'm hoping to hit the Ohio R. Sunday....

12. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Nice job Max...W

13. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    sounds like you had a great time and a busy one at that. good looking fish keep em coming:big_smile: