Another good day fishing

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Arkansascatman777, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Sam was off Monday and I couldn't take off but I felt really bad yesterday and took off work:wink:. Me, a guy at work Sam has dubbed Sir Charles and my uncle Lonnie hit Kerr lake and had a blast. It was a beautiful day that started out in the upper 20's but warmed into the 50's. The water temp was 44 degrees and the bite was on. We caught a bunch of eaters but also boated several 10 to 15, a couple 18 and 19 and I caught one that went 31.96 lbs. My uncle had one on that we never got a look at that he couldn't get up. He got it up high enough for it to burp and about the time the bubbles cleared it done a nose dive and broke his line:crazy:. Bait used was fresh caught cut shad. Another boat from our pole bender club was also out fishing and they caught one that weighed 29.5 and caught close to 50 fish total. To many pics to post so I made a slide show to make it easier to view.

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh134/jkeyfsark/?action=view&current=65c14f0f.pbw

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats to you all on a great day out!:wink::big_smile:

3. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    good for you.. a sniffle is to sick for work but only the plague can keep a fisherman off the water and even then ya gotta be nailed in the house. im the same way..

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks for the pics. Be glad when it warms here a little.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thanx for the show. LOL! Glad ya had a good one.

6. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I really enjoyed the slide show and I hope you are feeling better. :big_smile:

7. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Sorry i missed it my friend......Nice catch Johnny.....I know ya had to watch Sir-Charles closely:wink: ( He likes eating fish) ..... I am just glad that rigorus diet of "lucky-charms" has finally taken effect!:tounge_out::big_smile: Sounds like ol'e skip-eye could use a good dose right about now from what i been hearing:eek:oooh::tounge_out: I think were ready for saturday's event:wink:

8. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR
    Nothing like a good day on the water to make you feel better:wink::smile2:. Thanks for the replies everyone.

9. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    man oh man you lucky dog wish i was there what kind of rods you boys using

10. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Johnny looks like you guys had a blast...... But it look like you were not feeling good in those pics good thing you didnt go to work lol.

11. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    thats what im talkin' bout. yall had a good day out there, and cought some nice fish. and you did it against all common sense. cold weather, sickness, and water. lol. its not a bad price to pay for trips like that.

p.s. the slide shows are getting better.

12. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    JD you arent getting jealous are you? lol. i know i am. Congrats on your good day.

13. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Great day, great slideshow, great post thanks for sharing.:cool2:

14. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR

Corey, we use meat hunter rods, They are some tough rods for a good price.

We turned this little one back to, his back was twisted up so bad he would have been impossible to fillet.

[​IMG]

You can tell I was looking and feeling a little better about 11:00 :wink::smile2:

[​IMG]

15. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks for the pics Johnny, looks like a great day of catting. Congrats. That twisted fish is strange, maybe he got bit by a big one when he was smaller or sucked through a turbine but not killed??

16. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Dang it Johnny! Holding out on me again! Where was them bigguns last weekend that I was there?:angry:

Looks like you had a great day on the water again!:big_smile:

Now if you want a challenge, meet me here in Oklahoma City and prove to me that there is even catfish in these city lakes (Or Thunderbird for that matter).:confused2: I haven't had a nibble, not even one little nibble. I even put a perch trap out full of dogfood and left it overnight and NOTHING!!!!!??????

I need intervention here!:smile2:

17. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    ALRIGHT,

Sam, Skippy, 777, March 1st is a sinker making gathering at the nuke plant, are ya'll gonna be there? I need someone to help me coerce a catfish to get on my hook so I can go "Look DH, I really can catch a catfish bigger than 1/2 a pound!!!

18. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    nice day on the water congrats

19. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Maybe you should quit making your sinkers at the NUKE PLANT!:crazy:

Just a thought!:smile2:

20. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i am SOOOO jealous!

if me and Darryl could get the same days off, we could both get skunked at the same time:smile2:

glad you had a good day on the water my friend!:big_smile: