Another Fun night on the river!!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by RIVER-RAT, May 17, 2008.

1. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Got out on the river last night a bit late, around 10 pm! :angry: By the time I had found enough bait and got my first pole in the water, it was close to 11pm.:angry:

Anchored up and threw the first pole out and started riggin' up the other, first pole went down. Dink....

Then my buddy had one on, Dink....

A few minutes later, I had a good slam and pulled one in that I am guessing weighed around 24 pounds, I was too lazy to put the scale to him!:smile2: A little better!!!

Then we caught a few more dinks.....when my pole doubled over and I landed a fish that weighed 44.1lbs! Alright!!!

I then caught a 9 pound channel!! A great sized channel cat, I know it's a "dink", but a great size channel for me anywho!!

I fished below the Alton Dam, all fish were caught in one general area behind a wing dyke all on shad!! I was only out there four about 4 hours of fishing and was able to boat 10 fish, mostly dinks but I was able to upgrade my Fish-Off entry!!!

Attached Files:

2. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Damn, Bill. I'm jealous! Lol! I want to go fishing so bad I can't stand it. I'm at work right now, and I'm thinking about leaving here real soon and hooking up to the boat. I ain't got no rod holders, but I think I could probably manage.

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I can't believe you took your rod holders out without having the replacements in hand! LOL!!

4. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I'm hoping they show up today. They were shipped Wednesday via the Postal Service, so hopefully....... Where did you launch at last night?

5. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Jealousy is running rampant through my veins. I can't catch a fish if I don't put a line in the water.........(crying inside)

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Well Greg, get your butt out there and start fishing!!! Can't catch fish while you're typing on a computer!!:wink::smile2::smile2:

I guess you could, you could be a "Keyboard Fisherman"!!! LOL!!:smile2::smile2:

I just got lucky is all, I have spent alot of time out on the water, well if you spend enough time out there, you're bound to eventually catch something!

7. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Not my choice big guy....I promise.

I can't get my work done in a normal 5 day work week, so forced to come in on this glorious day. I check the BOC to stay sane and build the case to drag my buddies out there on the river.

Congrats on the catch. I know you've been putting your time in.

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on a great night fishing. Good luck in the future

9. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats on another good night on the river. Wish I could hit the Missouri river and have enough bait to fish with in less then an hour. Just haven't caught on to catching bait in the river. Have ruined a couple throw nets trying though
    :confused2:

10. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Oh yeah, throw nets get destroyed while in search for the elusive bait fish!! In fact, I have three of em on the boat right now that I need to mend, which reminds me, maybe I'll start on that this afternoon, since I'm hitting the river tomorrow! :big_smile: I'm playing guide to Sarah's cousin and his buddy!!!

11. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Hey Ratman,

I've managed to talk my buddy into hitting it tomorrow. Your words inspired me. If you don't mind, go ahead and catch enough shad for two boats. We are putting in at CB at 6:30 in the morning, so it would be nice if you had 'em before that. If you weren't planning on fishing that area, please reconsider. I don't want to get wet.

Thanks in advance.

12. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Hey, I'm sorry....let me get on that for ya! :eek:oooh:

13. boots

boots New Member

State:
    illinois
    Bill, sounds like you had a good night and I'm glad to here that area is picking up. It has has alittle on the slow side so I been fishing above.:001:

14. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    You know Bill, you catching all these fish is starting to get a little old.. Especially to us boatless people that have to resort to borrowing a lake john and going after Crappie for a fish fix.. My day is comming so just be ready for that big old catfish I catch just before the fishoff ends.. After being out on the lake with the 2 boys in a 1652 Johnboat with a 25 hp merc, the boys decided that it wasn't quite big enough to take to the river, so I guess I'll just have to wait till that rich uncle dies and leaves me all that money in his will.. Only problem is I think I already outlived all my uncles... hehehe

15. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I just got in, had a hectic day on the water. I put in at the boat club around 2:00, and searched and searched and searched some more for bait until I almost ran all the gas out of the boat. Didn't even get to wet a line. I gotta itch to keep on fishing, and head up to Alton. Anybody wanna do a little night fishing tonight?

16. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Damn Gary, you're definately dedicated or is that committed..

17. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I'd say it's a little bit of both. Then again, maybe I'm just plain stupid.:eek:oooh:

18. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    No go on my Alton plans for tonight. I'd still like to go up tomorrow and fish. If anyone wants to go, let me know.

19. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    My daughter and new husband arrived late last night from KC. Graduation party today for my stepdaughter then I plan to take daughter and hubby to Alton area tomorrow to see if I can put them on a decent Catfish. Hope we can have some luck!

This will be there first time on the river or in my boat and hopefully their first BIG Cat!:big_smile:

Any suggestions to help a father put his daughter on a nice fish can be PM'ed or posted here. Thanks!

20. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Congrats on another fine night on the river Bill, sounds like you are starting to find a patern!:smile2: