Another fine trip to the ohio river

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Cattoo, May 28, 2006.

1. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    had a very memorable memorial day weekend on the ohio. fished friday evening and saturday morning. the river was rising when i got there and i almost didnt go because i thought it might rise too much to drive out on my favorite sandbar. the report from noaa said it was supposed to drop back down so i went. sure glad i did. when i got there a couple of friends of mine were already there and had camp set up. i guess the high water scared most people away cause there was hardly anyone there. perfect. we all had green worms and skips for bait. one of my buds already had a good stringer full of good eating size cats. the bite was pretty decent that afternoon but pretty much quit after about 10:00. i caught 2 really nice hybrids and a 10 pound blue on skip. the blue was the big cat of the night. the next morning the bite was hot. the water was dropping but not fast and the channels were still hungry. i guess i caught around 10 or so channels, the biggest was 8.6 pounds and man did that fish fight! one of the hardest fighting channels i ever landed. i also caught 10 or 12 hybrids and probably that many drum. had a couple very small flats too. everything was caught on green worms. my buddies also wore em out. good times. here's a pic of the big channel and a few we kept for relocation.

Attached Files:

2. ohiocattracker

ohiocattracker New Member

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Sounds like ya had great time and thats a nice channel.If you dont mind where on the Ohio is that bar and looks like maybe a damn wall in back ground on your basket pic.

3. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Looks like a good day on the river. Great pictures.