Another encounter with the Rend Lake hooligans

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by big-muddy, Jun 21, 2007.

1. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    well, theres a little fishing report here for ya. had the day off today so i went out to the waltonville dam to catch some shad for bait. well, the shad must have moved on or something cause where i usually catch 15 or so with one throw, i only managed to catch 2 small drums in about 10 throws. so i decided to use 'em, and went to the dareville access spot of the big muddy channel to do some bank fishin. well, it got dark and i had been there a while with no bites when all of a sudden a car came tearin into the parking lot full of kids and they were screamin 4 letter words at me and did a couple of donuts throwin rocks all over my car, now mind you it was dark and i was alone and then one proceeded to throw a bottle at my car but missed pretty badly:roll_eyes:. if i took their fishin or partying spot for the night, then they didnt do well to take it back, cause i just stood there scratchin my head as they drove off yellin and cussin and i stayed for about an hour with no fish and here i am. im thinkin about callin the dean at waltonville high school amd tellin him his students might be actin up a little:wink:

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Sorry to hear about the unfortunate encounter. That's the main reason I don't like to fish by myself, especially at night. It's not only due to what someone might do to me, but what I might do to them if they tried! :angry:

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    as a navy ship captain mite say a shot across their bow mite straitin them up.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    When folks band together as responsable adults and decide to take it back. Count me in! I'm figurein the first thing we do is thin out the lawyers. Then a good hard look at the "CONSTITUTION" and what it really means is important.

OH! Never mind! I'm fixin to go off on one of my we need to take it back sessions.

Sorry ya had such a crappy nite.

5. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    oh go ahead george i havent witnessed one of them yet lol

6. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Its not just kids who are dumb #@$@#.... Last Saturday, got all setup.. Was throwing up next to some lilly pads... There was maybe 20 yards if that from my boat to the pads.. About an hour later, 2 dumb#$#$ bass guys come charging up, flip the trolling motor down, and proceed to work the bank, right around the Lilly pads, pass tween my boat and the pads, right over all our lines, and acted like nothing was out of the ordinary????? They were in their mid to late 30's .....

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    well, it wasnt that long ago, that i was yopunger than those types. now, im older, (not a whole lot), and these kids dont scare me one bit. in fact the ones that used to mess with me now see me playin music at their bars and wanna buy me drinks. those kids will wise up someday.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Calm down George are you are going to blow a gasket. Sleep on it tonight and we will decide which group to shoot first.

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I think, I would have made sure that before they got to their 40's they would have a limp and talk out of the side of their heads, LMAO!!!!!!!!!

10. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    it's not kids in my area. memorial day i had to run 6 people away from my jugs. i usually get in a shady spot and fish for bream while i watch my jugs. i had 6 people pick up jugs and heard another tell his son on the front of the pontoon he was going to stradle them and to be sure he picked them up so they wouldn't get in the motor. i pulled out where he could see me and he cut away. turns out he owns property on my fishing hole.

11. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Shane I had some problems like that but I had a bunch of drunks block the field road I had used to drive down to the river.When I tryed to ease my pickup past them they started throwing beer bottles at my truck and hitting it but they did stop when I started shooting my 45 into the ground as I was driving away.I looked back and they were all on the ground trying to find a hole to get into.

12. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    way to keem 'em honest:wink: im not against drinking beer by any means, but there is a difference between being country and being dumb, and ya gotta be respectful.(maybe im gettin older). ya gotta have fun, but ya gotta be responsible. im not a gunowner, but i do keep a machete when i fish. im sure ill never use it, but it keeps me confident. here around waltonville and nason, IL, those boys think they own the lake!

13. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    sorry to hear about that. seems like people dont have much respect for anyone anymore, sad to say. i had a buddy that got his 25 hp motor stolen off the back of the boat in his back yard

14. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    while we are on respect or lets say doin the right thing.My wife was trying to put my boat on the trailer (beins she s not real sure of herself backin down the ramp)There was this young lady swimming right in front of the ramp just standing there watching I asked her to move because my wife is a beginner pilot and she said she was alright I said miss you are in the way she just stood there her mother said just put the boat on she will move if you get close I dont want to get close.so i told my wife shut it down and i waded out with the strap and reeled it in I thought jeez how goofy can ya get

15. bwillaub

bwillaub New Member

State:
    missouri
    I never fish alone. I always have a couple of friends with me when I'm out and about. Let me introduce you to Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson.

Tis a shame but this old world is full of crazies anymore. Some will cut your throat just to watch you bleed.

16. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    These people are everwhere, even down here in Arkansas.
    I don`t want to pick on bass fishermen, but most of my run ins have been with them. Running over my jugs, tossing across my lines, running over my rod lines, swamping my boat(then laughing about it). To them , it seems if you don`t have a $30,000 boat and 200 hp, you don`t belong on the lake.
    The kids are just young and stupid. The grownups are selfish, spoiled, bad sportsmen who don`t have any respect for others.
    :angry::angry::angry:

17. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Wait a min.being young and stupid ain't the problem,heck I was young and stupid one time my self and I never did anything like that.The problem is respect or rather the lack of it,kids don't know better and if daddy don't teach them respect they will grow with out it for themselfs or anyone else.

18. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I would have already seen that car again by now and it wouldnt look like the one that slung rocks on my car.:big_smile: Guaranteed.

19. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    The only sound more sobering than the click clak of a 12 ga pump is the muzzle blast from a full bore 44 Mag close at hand or near an ear.

20. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Now the car didn't do it markj...thats like saying you are going to smash a gun that some one used to kill someone with...LOL:crazy:

Its not Guns that kill people it's people who kill people...I might have found the car again but guarantee it would not be the car that didn't look the same...I do fish alone alot and just been lucky I guess...However not sure I could have fished anymore that night...Shane you are in a brotherhood now my friend if you need a fishing buddy just shout...
    look forward to seeing you at the Rend Lake Gathering