another deer down

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bigcatman, Nov 20, 2007.

1. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    this past sat. right as i could start to see i was out on the ohio youth hunt and i was useing my 410 and a doe:wink: came walking in and walked right under my tree stand i was in an i toke a 15 yd shot at it to the head and it drop right there and then so i got down and kick it to see ifit was dead well it wasnt it stood up and ran after me and i shot it again in the spine and it died fun day but after all that i found out that it wasnt a doe it was a little spike buck.

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    cool story, u have to be ready if it didn't die on the 1st shot though!!!!!

3. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    ya i found out really fast that i got to be ready on that kind of thing now

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That may be why most people shoot for a double lung shot instead of a head shot. It's about the quickest, easiest way to kill one.

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    A learning experience for ya eh? Even when a deer drops right in it's tracks, it's a good idea to wait a while before you approach it. I know, you get excited, and it's hard not to run right over to it. I wait 20 or 30 minutes.

6. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    i shot a buck with my bow once,he ran off ,fell over within sights distance and didnt move a muscle for thirty minutes.when i got down and approached him he jumped up and ran off i had to track him and make a second shot?

7. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    ya i learned a lot from that trip but the weird thing was i really wasnt that excited about it but to me id rather kill one with my bow. id would of token a lung shot but i didnt have one and he was getting ready to take off becaseu he was flag and didnt no i was there so thats y i toke that shot but o well. but o well well i got two more tags to fill now so i can take another doe and a buck so i going to take the doe first before the tag goes out on sunday and kill me this monster 10 or 12 point in the woods were i killed that spike my friend seid he will score 200+ but i seen him and he dont look like hed score that big o well ill find out when hes on the ground