Another Day

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by plumbertom1, Nov 28, 2006.

1. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I just couldn't leave it alone. I had to go back to Lake Elizabeth after yesterday's wide open bite.
    So I packed myself off this morning and drove up there, man, you would not believe the way the wind was howling across the lake, and cold, it cut through like a knife.
    Not being one to waste a chance to fish however, I pulled on my heavy sweat shirt and donned my wind breaker pulled up the hood and ventured forth.
    The fish didn't seem to mind the wind at all but, I had a hard time reading the bite in the wind and missed what must have been 10 bites. I also didn't get the hook set on four more fish and lost them on the way in. So at the end of the day I only had six fish to add to my catch from yesterday.
    In the morning I'll fire up the smoker and have some smoked trout to take camping with me this weekend. I hope the catfish are biting at Hesperia.

2. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Yes those trout were great smoked, I'm not a big trout fan bit if you fish for them with power bait you don't get many that would survive release so rather than waste them I put them in the smoker, at least they are tasty that way.

3. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    yeah there a very tender fish and unless you have them lip hooked may as well keep them, have to keep them in the water too while unhooking them and don't squeeze to hard.

I love them baked in butter and salt n pepper or fried in some nice louisiana style corn meal mix YUM MEEEE:big_smile: