Another day at Meldahl

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by kykatattack, Oct 16, 2006.

1. kykatattack

kykatattack New Member

went back up to the dam saturday afternoon skip jack biting good on the old white twirl tail grubs catching them 3 at a time bigguns good fights caught 11 of them on the top side proceeded down the bottom side when it was open 2 others were packing up they caught a few 5 pound channels they were fishing about thirty feet out i was casting chunks of skipjack out on the edge of the 1st lock wall again on floats 12 to 14 feet and 1 pole on the bottom had 1 good run on the bottom but the two floats just kept dissappearing caught 9 blues biggest 17 lbs smallest 6 lbs and 3 channels all around 5 lbs
    rainning here about two inches by noon tomorrow cant wait to see if the creeks going to back up
  2. OHFishmanB

OHFishmanB New Member

Cincinnati, Ohio
    Wish I could have joined you. I was planning on going out there Sunday morning, but the wife had already made plans for us - so fishing had to wait. I hope to try it this weekend though. Do you ever catch any big blues off the wall? I have never fished off the bank from the KY side, what is the best way to get there? I would be coming from east side of cincinnati.