Another day another skunking

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by flathunter, Jun 10, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I made the long trip to fish with mellon at a lake where he said the channel cats were on fire...Needless to say we got skunked..I was out 25 bucks in gas, and fell on the dock and tore my knee up...I genrally think he is cursed.

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Yea, I know how you feel. Got skunked on Thursday and spent gas in car and boat. The "cost per pound" is going up.

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Maybe it is a good thing you guys don't fish out of a boat together, LOL!!! I think it would be a wise thing, to stick to bank fishing when he is around, LMAO!!!

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    MORE:

Oh wait until you see the picture of his knee. HE fell real hard & I thought he was going in the water. A big front came in & seemed as if all the fish stopped biting. Others were saying how horrible it was.

Did I say that we were at CJ Brown in a BOAT! yes Flathunter almost killed himself & we were fishing from a boat!

5. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    You two need to just quit while Your ahead (and still alive) You can send all your fishing gear to Me for safe keeping....It will also make room for some golf clubs or something like that.....LOL

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i had no idea a front was coming through but we had the same problem from 10pm-6am the night before at a nearby gravel pit where i always slay 'em this time of the year. fish had lockjaw.

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I bet you tripped him, and made him fall!!! You two are always doing something to kill each other on your fishin episodes, LOL!!!

8. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    That just goes to show ya that Mellons "killer tactics" for Channel Cats that work in the Pay Lakes do not always work elsewhere...LOL:big_smile:

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Hey flathunter,
    Has it been like this every year you all have been fishing together? If so,I think I'd go ahead and get a new partner while you're both ahead.It gets worse each time.

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Next year could be a leathal one, LOL!!! If you make through this one, LMAO!!!

11. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    "Fishing episodes" Yea I like the way that sounds.

I'll be sure to tune in for next week's episode (I hope there is a fish in it)

LMAO:big_smile:

12. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Seems a lot of people are posting about getting skunked in recent weeks! What's up with this? I got a good idea that my reason is that the fish are further south on the lake I go to where I can't get to them until I can get my boat in the water again. Tried from a boat launch on a tributary of the Sac River last night (got the urge and went out at 2AM) and all I got was a crappie and a squawfish! Almost starting to wish the water levels would drop again already! I did real good last fall when the water was down!

13. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    They really ought to write a book on their fishing episodes.. It might at least pay for the gas and hospital bills... LOL

14. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    They kinda remind me of the TV show "Home Improvement", You know Tim and Al, LOL!!! Flathunter being Al, of course, LOL!!!

15. AllenM

AllenM Guest

BOY, HOWDY!! Ain't THAT the truth! ROFL!! GOOD CALL!!

I think they need a 3rd person with a video camera... they could make the ultimate comedy fishing show, have a ball at it, and get rich doing it! :lol:

16. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here is the wee little accident Jack had. He cried like a baby.

17. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It still hurts, plus I have a torn rotator cuff and Mellon made me pull the dang anchor up all day.

18. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Have you guys thought about skunk trapping?With your luck you would probably only catch catfish.:big_smile: :lol: As far as the famous "Bleeding" wound I am surprised MELLON bled that much.As much chloresterol as is in his blood that little pin prick should have slammed shut at the first drop:eek:oooh: :smile2: :lol:What happened MELLON pinch your hand cocking one of your night defense weapons?Gotta watch those slides!!!!:embarassed: Your invitations are still open.Guided trip on Santee!!!:smile2:

19. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man a trip to SC sounds good. Can I bring a 6 Cell Maglight & a Colt .357 or .45? I want to shine & blast snakes all night long!

20. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    This is a question for Mellon, and I want an honest answer. The world wants to know.........

Did Jack shave his legs for that shot???:waaaht: