Another Cave Run Fishing trip..

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kycatman01, May 16, 2009.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Hey, guys!! A friend and I went to Cave Run Lake Wednesday night. It raining off and on but still had a decent night. We caught (2) Channel cats(4 1/2 lb was the biggest), (6) carp(5 lb was the biggest), a bass(2 lb) and a small rockhead. I also had to go in after my pole and missed the fish that pulled it in. That is what I get for not paying attention, LOL. We had alot of fun and I guess that is what really matters!! GOOD FISHING, ALL!!

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Congrats on a good night and getting the pole back after having it pulled in. What part of the lake was you fishing ?? If ya don't mind me asking.

3. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I was fishing at Leatherwood.

4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Thinking of making a trip down there soon. Was just wondering.

5. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    It is a nice place. My cousin caught a flathead the other night that weighed 15 lbs. It's not a monster but a decent fish.

6. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I've heard there was some good catfish in Cave Run never have fished it for cats but bass fished it years ago once or twice.

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thx for the report Cave Run is just over an hour away I might have to make that journey !