ANOTHER CALIFORNIA RECORD OR WAIT! IS IT?

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Wvawitrado, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Yeah you heard me right Frank Ualat on aug 5 at O'neill forebay outside los banos caught a 70lb 8oz striper...Story reports it was a twenty minute battle before him and his two buddies in knee deep water pushed the fish ashore....Now the catch he takes the fish to wal mart gets the biggest cooler and ice weighs the fish on an unauthorized scale and cant find one in the entire town of COYOTE (small town) thats certified by fish and game...Now there taking the scale to be certified but another catch that a DFG official has to inspect the fish well!!!!!!! AFTER HE WEIGHED IT HE CUT SOME OF THE FISH UP ATE AND HANDED OUT TO HIS NEIGHBORS TO ENJOY!!!!!! AWESOME RIGHT WELL NOT!!!!! NO RECORD IT CANT BE RECOGNIZED LEGALLY BE THE CALIFORNIA DEPT OF FISH AND GAME!!!!! But he still is recognized by IFGA because they do not require a physical examination to determine freshwater all-tackle world records...CONGRATULATIONS

P.S- SUPPOSEDLY HE CAUGHT THIS THING ON PILE WORMS!!!!! NUTS!!!!

2. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    You're right, it can't be established as an 'official' CA state record. The angler went to Coyote bait & tackle to have the fish weighed. I've seen the pics of him & the fish outside the store (it's huge). I know several individuals who spoke to the owners at the bait shop. They told the angler he should get the fish weighed on a certified scale. They also said that the angler was not interested in what they had to say about certification.

The current CA record is from the same lake and weighed 67 lbs 8 oz /ONeill Forebay / Hank Ferguson 5/7/1992

I'm not sure the IFGA can recognize the fish without a certified weight. Maybe someone else can chime in on that process. I know they have catch & release records, but he ate the fish. . .

3. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Yeah they said that there supposedly trying to still get it official even without the inspection and I guess if im hearing right that its a possibility they certify the scale here after that it might be able to get the certification

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Every California state record for (land locked )striper has come out of o'neil forbay ...wish i would of seen fish he caught because there are some HUGE striper's in there!

5. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    I have access to the pic at home. I'll try to remember to post a pic of the fish when I'm not at my work PC. If I forget, someone PM me.

6. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    Here is the beast

Attached Files:

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    :eek:oooh: Dang thats a big inland striper. :wink:

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is a great looking fish, but why would someone be so hard headed as to not listen to the instructions people gave him about getting it certified. It is too bad if it don't become the record!

9. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    wow,thats a big striper

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Now thats a world class striper! :smile2: