Another bloated corpse...

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Mr.T, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
  2. kccatman76

kccatman76 New Member

State:
    kansas
    yeah i know we were down there fishing the mighty mo right by where they found her

3. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    "A man and woman were fishing when they saw Winters about 7:15 p.m., and asked if she needed help, Holland said. Winters first said, “no.” They asked again a couple of minutes later and she said, “yes,” but it was too late."

Maybe I sound pretty hardened on this, but...Huh?

Here's another link that suggests she was merely "swimming".

I don't know about you, but I don't think of the MO river as a swimming destination. I'm as likely to voluntarily swim in the MO as I am to voluntarily drink from the Kaw.

4. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mon. night they had a jumper on the Leavenworth bridge. He jumped and survived. Leavenworth fire fished him out the river about 6 that evening.

I heard from water patrol that they think she committed suicide.

They also found the guy from Rulo NE last week just south of the Leavenworth bridge. He made it 101 miles before anyone found him.

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Strangest one I heard was a few years ago they found a corpse in the Mississippi River near St Louis. As it turned out, he was thrown from his boat around Memphis, TN!!!
    One can only assume his body got snagged onto a barge or something an drug this far upstream before breaking free.

6. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    Twenty some years ago, I was fishing a little ways from a dam and snagged something?
    I could tell it wasn't a fish, it felt more like a small tree or something like that?
    They were letting out some of water, but there wasn't any debris in the water.

I tugged on this thing for about 20 minutes and my line finally snapped?

As we were going home, I heard on the radio where they had found a guys body in the river, just about a mile down river from where we were fishing.

I've always wondered if it was his body I had snagged?

According to the radio, the timing and location would have been just about right?

Ken

7. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Yea we are seeing alot more ,poeple in the river,i have a buddy that wont go to the river because hes scared of catching one.

8. unclebill85

unclebill85 New Member

State:
    Lee's Summit, Missouri
    I would be terrified to come accross a corpse on the river.

Not a good thought. Ya, heard about this woman on the Friday night news cast and actually fished the KAW Sunday evening. I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to come accross a find like that and certainly hope it is never me or any of my brothers/sisters here on the BOC though I am certain some of you have.

Let's hope that the bobbing bodies cease!

9. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Another one found on Kaw Point:angry::confused2::eek:oooh: It is getting out of hand

10. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Not to mention the Human remains found at La benite today as well

11. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    If the remains turn out to be those little children, they ought to have the father put in with the gen pop. They may be felons but they probley wouldn't be nice to a child killer:angry:

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Just another reason not to live in the big city. Hope you guys dont eat those fish out of there.....

13. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    The remains were found 1-1 1/2 miles from La Benite, on some property the father supposedly used to own. I hope to hear they're not of the little kids, but right now they say they're 99.9% sure.