Another bad trip

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by dubzero23, Jun 15, 2009.

1. dubzero23

dubzero23 New Member

State:
    california
    So I took some friends of mine to corona lake this sunday morning bright and early we got the big boat so we could have room for some awsome fishing since it was my friends firstime ever fishing, unfourtunatly we didnt have any bits and only caught a 3 inch bass thats it that was the only nibble we got. I asked the guy at the bait shop some places in mind to go but he wasnt really helpful all he wanted was for me to buy different kinds of bait that would for sure work but we didnt even get any action :0a32:, I stil had a good time cuz i love the outdoors its peaceful but my friends didnt care to much about that. We used mackrel, hog wild, worms, marshmellows, cheese ect. nothing worked anyone have any insite about that lake what to use or if there is any benifit to get a boat thanks :0a36:

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Corona Lake can be tricky. Its best to go after a stocking. I would wait until after the 4th of July to go there as they would have had a few stockings of cats up to that point for a better chance at consistant action.

Also this weekend was not that great all over even at Irvine. The barometric pressure plus the dropping water temps put a hamper on the bite I am assuming. Consistant warm water temps is what we need to get the spark back on and instant water temp changes can affect the bite which has happened recently with this June gloom and cooler temperture lately.

Dont let the bucks at Sarl, and Corona fool you into buying their bait. I bet they mentioned buying some of their Nitro gravey to add to your mackerel or that cut mackerel called Jims something or JD's LOl. If they are biting they are biting. Also during cooler temps and drops they tend to school up more so you have to do a lot of searching and moving to get on top of them. Lots of times its deep in the trees especially at Corona.

3. dubzero23

dubzero23 New Member

State:
    california
    hey scott I will most defenatly give you a buzz for a fishing trip whenever you want man im in!

4. dubzero23

dubzero23 New Member

State:
    california
    LOL. yea they said exactly that thanks for the tips

5. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    dub ther are no bad trips, just a few tough ones but when a good one hits u appreciate and enjoy it, take the good w the bad buddy
    glad to see ur on boc learnin ,when i saw u at bass pro we were on our misions didnt get to talk too much ,your on the rite track
    how is the baitcaster, , i saw ur post
    all good info ,best is already said, practice

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Ain't no bad trips... they all are successfull.... just some are better than others..... some ups and downs... you got home safe and sound and thats getting away from the tube and home sheet....

Bayrunner Ray

7. mangles

mangles New Member

State:
    california
    I remember a time me and my cousin went to Corona Lake. We brought his wifeand son, and my girl at the time. We went for the 24hour fishing deal, which is quite pricey, and fished all evening and night. I brought my inflatable boat and went out at night with no sucess. We caught 1 fish in about 22 hours of fish, got stung by bee's running up the hill. We tried every bait imaginable, but you know it was nice getting out there and spending some time with the F&F (family and friends) is what it is all about. You cant catch fish unless you go out and try.

8. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    A bad day fishing is better than any day at work, unless you are a professional fisherman. :wink: