another bad night

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by poopdeck [patrick], Jul 26, 2009.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Met up with Bill and his wife, the okies and buckdoe last night at Alton marina. Buckdoe rode with me. I think bill went up by the dam, buck and I went to a hole by the chain of rocks bridge. Had a few bites, he caught about a 8 pounder. We moved on tried just about every where. About the only fun we had was running into hundrends of big heads. They were jumping seven , eight feet in the air, about 10 met there untimely deaths by jumping into the boat.

We fished side by side with the Okies for a while, They starded singing to each other like a couple of teen age love birds. How sweet:big_smile:

We went back up the lock and headed home about two. Bill had went home earlier and the okies were gonna fish all night. Not a good night fishing but a great night on the river in some really nice weather with wonderful company.

2. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    It was a great night out, Except for the fishing.
    Excellent company, fun watching the D$mm asian flying threw the air.
    A 20 lb almost hit Pat.
    Bye the way the little doggie did not want back in the boat, with a bit of
    coaching, we a assure him it will be alright.:wink:
    The treaments he got helped alot:smile2::smile2:

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    It's always good seeing other members of the club out there on the river....Sarah and I didn't do much fishing, we mainly cruised around, and I let her drive the boat some so she could learn how to do it....we threw the net a few times looking for bait, but I wasn't spending alot of time looking....just was nice to spend an evening with my wife, as we don't get to do that to often.

4. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    It was nice a nice night to be on the river for sure and it was a pleasure to visit with fellow club members. We marked fish in several holes but they just wasn't cooperating at all.

Super Pooper
    We were serenading the catfish. It is an old cowboy trick that we used back during the Okla cattle drives. It will do one of two things it will either put them to sleep or drive them crazy....

5. shawn 314

shawn 314 New Member

State:
    st. louis
    Super Pooper huh Okie :smile2::smile2::smile2: So okie what did it do put em to sleep

6. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    It didn't drive them in to a feeding frenzy that's for sure...:wink:

7. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Bill
    I appreciate you taking it easy on us amateurs. I knew we would never have never a chance against you...

8. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    What-Ever! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    You know ole Pooper titled this thread "another bad night" but as Mrs Okie and I was setting out there last night I just couldn't help but think about what a beautiful place the Mississippi River is. I could just set back relax look up at the stars and let all my problems and troubles slip away. I really think that the people that have not spent a night on the river listening to the water ripple under the boat and gazing at the beauty that the lord has provided has never really experienced the true beauty of the world. When my company first called and said they were sending me to Woodriver, IL we were really apprehensive but now I see that it was a Blessing to have the opportunity to fish on the Mississippi River and to have met all the great people that we have.

Thanks to you all
    Mr Okie..

10. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    IS THAT THE FAMOUS CAT MAN BILL ROWE, I WANT A AUTOGRAPH IM GONNA TAKE THE SUNDAY SPORTS PAGE AND HAVE HIM AUTOGRAPH HIS PHOTO !!!you hit the big time bro il save a copy for ya to frame later

11. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    You're absolutely right Scott. Being out there on the river at night sure is peaceful, I absolutley love it! As you know, that is when I spend most of my time out there, that's one of the reasons...just doesn't get any better than that...

You and Phyllis are great folks, it's a shame to think that you all are here on a temporary basis, but know that you've made some friends here in Missouri! :big_smile:

12. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Just make sure you send the $10 to www.catmanbillrowefanclub.com! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    A screaming bait clicker to break the silence and restore a man to reality doesn't hurt either.

14. shawn 314

shawn 314 New Member

State:
    st. louis
    Scott i wouldn't know how that sound cuz i haven't catch a fish sense the early to mid part of JUNE buddy :angry:

15. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
  16. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Wait just a minute Bill if your cashing in on all the PR I been doing for you I want my share:wink::smile2:. 90/10 sounds good to me w/ me getting the 90% just keep catching those pigs and don't stop posting:wink::smile2:

17. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I went to that website and all it did was try to sell me a magazine on how to look your best in pigtails and a subscription to Stitches guide to dressing a knife wound in the field. There was nothing there about catching big fish.:sad2:

18. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois

Funny but not right!!! LMFAO!!!

19. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    I 2nd that it wasn't right at all. But funny as all hell.

20. MOCatdaddy

MOCatdaddy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thats good yall had some fellowship time. And its always nice when ya can get bait jumpin around in the boat.:smile2::wink: