Another Animal Story

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by orion_xxvx, Apr 20, 2008.

1. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    One night I was trudging down the path beside the corn/beanfield beside the creek with my latern held midwaiste so as not to blind myself but not catch the grass on fire when all of the sudden a cow comes out of the dark almost on top of me. Boy did i jump! ive had a few close calls with the cattle down at the old highway that crosses the creek ...one in particular where one day the big angus bull was sneaking up in water behind me when i looked around was about 15 ft from me chest deep in water ....so im a little leary of the group as a whole. Another time a calf was out of fence on opposite side of creek bawling and all the mama cows came down and ran me off. Another time I was sitting down and felt like i was being watched I just happed to look down .......much to my surprise there was a snake that had stretched out from under a rock i was sitting on to see what was going on . I think he was as surprised as i was!

2. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    I take it know one has any personal experiences like these to draw on.

3. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I was flyfishing in a stream in northern arizona when I heard something that sounded like a dog drinking from a water bowl. I turned around and right behind me was the biggest black bear I have ever saw drinking from the stream. Talk about giving you an instant case of the willies.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    you have alot of close ones with the animals. Way to bond with nature!