another adventure

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by brinley45cal, Aug 2, 2009.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Well me and kenny headed out on another adventure saturday.Kinda had a rough go at it,at least i did.Threw my line up in the tree like i was after a tree perch or something,kenny wanted to take a pic of it and post it but decided not to lol.So if you see a bird flying around with a circle hook in its mouth you know where it came from. Then i was moving just a few feet over from where i was fishing and knocked over my bucked that had bait my lunch and all kinds of odds and ends in it over and into the lake and had to fish all that stuff out of the water.
    Lets see,oh I lost a nice fish for kenny he was checking on one of his other rods and i herd this lite buzz behind me and i couldnt figure out what it was so i turned back around,then i heard a buzz buzz again real light so i stood up and turned around and kennys line was stretched out so ran over and pick up his rod and gave it a jerk without disengaging the free spool by the way and as you could imagine the bird nest that came up.The good news is the fish was hooked and it had to be big it felt like a monster and he had a bluegill on the that was as big as your hand,the bad news is i didnt get there soon enough and it headed stright for cover and hung it up.Kenny came over and tried to work it loose and olmost had it but just couldnt get it free,man after that i felt sick to my stomach, i couldnt believe i let that get away and hung up like that.
    But is that the end Noooo. I was tying my hook back on where i hung it up in the tree and kenny yells there it goes and i look down to see my rod leave the holder and start heading to the water,bout time i got my hands on it i was looking at the butt of the rod sticking up in the air lol.
    I got it though a nice eater,we ended up with two cats and a turtle.
    I think i ended up great entertainment for kenny anyway lol, i reckon i was good for a few laughs if anything else lol.we are having some good times boys i tell ya.

2. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    sounds like many of my trips. it's all about the goodtimes and the amount of times you smile in the end. catching a fish is just a bonus. at least thats how i look at it.

3. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:Yeah when I said there he goes! James turned to look and the the butt was coming up so fast it about hit him in the chin LOL..Kicked all of his stuff in the lake, LMHO..I'm bringing my cam-corder from now on.

You guys know it never fails, you go to check or do something and leave a rod, It going to start singing everytime. No doubt about it:roll_eyes:

The one that got up under a rock slab and or tree limbs,He ate a 6" bluegill. man I tried to let him move on its own, no good, we was on a point so I walked around passing my rod around a couple trees to get on the reverse side of the fish, still wouldn't bunge.That sucker was buried under whatever he ran too:angry: The (dirty dog):sad2: I finaly had to pop my line and re-tie.

I fish for the big fish after the spring channel load up, so He's up on me:eek:oooh: for now.

James- 3 channels

Myself-0:crazy: But thats OK, when I do reel him in, Them channels will look really small:wink: Like Bait:cool2:

4. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Good times and a good story.

5. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    shoot you guys should have to fish with catfish john a few times!!!!!!!!!!!:roll_eyes::crazy::big_smile::sad2::wink:

6. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    didn't think you would see it for awhile!!!:wink::smile2::big_smile:

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Good story guys, glad you all were able to get out.:cool2:

:smile2::smile2::smile2: I was thinking the same thing about you.:roll_eyes::tounge_out::smile2:

8. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    :confused2:,,,?

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Sounds like the so called dreaded "One Of Those Nights" Sure have been there an done that. Thanks for the post sure was funny hearing it from you tho!

10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah like kenny said he diffenitly dosent mess around when it comes to bait size.When he gets a bite you know its a good one.like he said when he does hang into one it will make all mine look like bait lol.I think im gonna have to beef up on line and size hooks or hes going to make me look bad when he does start pulling them hogs in lol.
    And i guarantee he takes a cam corder and there will be plenty of out takes of me to post im sure,you wont want to miss it.Thats what its all about fish or not out having good times with good friends.:wink: