another abu question

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by ilovemyfish, Jan 17, 2008.

1. ilovemyfish

ilovemyfish New Member

State:
    california
    if i bought a right hand abu 6500 could i purchase 6501 left hand side plates could i convert it to left hand .....plz tell me its possible lol because i an come up on cheap right hand abus but i cant ever find a left hand :shame:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Welcome to the painfull world of L/H retrieve reels. Don't know if what ya are askin is possible. However there is a decent selection of L/H retrieve reels out there. Ya will never see em in a store but ya can order them. Take it from me. Its a battle I've been fitein for years. LOL!

3. ilovemyfish

ilovemyfish New Member

State:
    california
    well i hanve a new 6601 c4 ...but i want another reel but i dont want to pay the same amount ...i can find right hand reels off ebay for cheap but i need a left hand and im thinking its possible with a couple of new left internal parts and side plates

4. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The only thing that will be the same is the frame. You cannot convert a right hand reel just by switching the endplates. You need all of the inner workings for the left hand reel also. Alot of the parts on the right hand reels have the threads the opposite direction than the parts on the lefties. An example would be the handle nut and star drag. The threads on them are backwards of the right hand reels. If you tried to use the same parts, then you would have to turn them in reverse, if they would even fit.

Hope this helps ya out. Sorry your arms are on backwards. I'm temporarily going through the same kind of problem right now with a broken hand.